How about a swap shop?

ferretfan123

Just thought it would be a good idea to have another page for people to trade hunting/shooting related things or anything, for shooting related things.

Just makes sense if you want to part with something you no longer need, for other hunting bits.

Saves time and effort selling things, to by something else when you can just trade.

1 minute ago, ferretfan123 said:

Just thought it would be a good idea to have another page for people to trade hunting/shooting related things or anything, for shooting related things.

Just makes sense if you want to part with something you no longer need, for other hunting bits.

Saves time and effort selling things, to by something else when you can just trade.

hello, sounds a good idea, 

2 minutes ago, ferretfan123 said:

Yes but not everyone can spend an hour looking at new posts to see if anyone is willing to swap

So your one of the new youngsters who want everything easy and in short time?

If something is worth doing it is worth doing well.

Wow that's out of blue.....what difference does my age make. Sorry you don't like change. Sorry us youngsters don't have the time to read every post. Sorry us youngsters have to work 10 hours a day and raise a young family inbetween. 

But again I'm sorry I'm too lazy to find someone willing to trade. 

Yours sincerely the younger generation 

21 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

Well ferritfan I quite like the idea although it goes on on other parts of the forum it might work on a separate platform ie guns for sale private /guns for sale trade /other sales / items for swap  send zap a pm and sound your idea out 

Thanks. Just thought it would be a simpler idea, for those wanting to get shut of one thing, for another.

One man's junk is another man's treasure.

Go on to the search function, go to search by tags and type in swap.  Select match term or tags.  Ta da, all the swaps in one place.

Do the same thing, enter what you're interested in with the swap tag entered, select match term and tags...  all the swaps for what you're looking for.

Enter a date range or sort results guns Are to get the recent ones.

The functionality is already there to do everything that is being discussed but without the confusion of items for sale or swap appearing in two subforums at the same time.

14 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Go on to the search function, go to search by tags and type in swap.  Select match term or tags.  Ta da, all the swaps in one place.

Do the same thing, enter what you're interested in with the swap tag entered, select match term and tags...  all the swaps for what you're looking for.

Enter a date range or sort results guns Are to get the recent ones.

The functionality is already there to do everything that is being discussed but without the confusion of items for sale or swap appearing in two subforums at the same time.

Just done what you have explained and I’ll be honest, it doesn’t really work well.

perhaps in the future you may consider it but I’m guessing it’s a no from now 😂

not shore if people would be confused? I’m not confused when I see guns for sale twice, one being private and the other trade.

all positive inputs sir 👍🏻

I think a swap page is a good Idea, stating what you have, and what you want. I don't think it needs to be time limited, because not many people scroll back that many pages on the for sale pages (my thinking).

Having a SWAP SHOP would crash the site.........................OK so i go onto the swap shop section......half the contents of my shed would go on there...about 100-200 items...multiply that by the number of shed miesters on here and you are talking about 10's of 1000's of items...pictures an all.....it would be a total cluster *&^%..:lol:..........

it almost warrants a separet site...:hmm:

as zapp and tightchoke have already said...the swapping thing is already active on here...i have been doing it in a left handed way for a long time....with vikings rebuild i do stuff for him and he sent me paint and spray cans of zinc...tightchoke sends nickle rods for turbo charger...folk get knives and stuff...........i think Pigeonwatch is more of a barter economy than swap shop.........