My Next Shooting Vehicle???

Now most members know that I drive a Discovery Two which I have had from new fourteen years ago and completed 188K miles which has just past its MOT for another pigeon shooting season. The only problem is a replacement, so Ive listed a few options, not sure the farmers will be pleased!!!!

6X6.jpg
LRPV01.jpg
XD-110-MRCV.jpg

Edited by pigeon controller

28 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

Could be a Ford Ranger plus turret????

Go wash your mouth out !!

The second down is attractive because it appears to have the standard pool of oil beneath it, so a genuine Land Rover.  A big mans Meccano set, you will never have to buy another vehicle because you can always take 'em apart and put a new part on.  The Disco 2 is a good motor but like the Classic Range Rover, once they start to rot your done for.

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Go wash your mouth out !!

The second down is attractive because it appears to have the standard pool of oil beneath it, so a genuine Land Rover.  A big mans Meccano set, you will never have to buy another vehicle because you can always take 'em apart and put a new part on.  The Disco 2 is a good motor but like the Classic Range Rover, once they start to rot your done for.

Ten out of ten for observation, when I blanked the photographers name I thought it looked like a oil slick. My son keeps sending me pictures of Disco Two's  for sale so I can put one in stock. He also runs a Disco Two V8 which he says I can use for Shooting but all my pension would go in petrol. 

25 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

With trailer????

we jest ...........................BUT....i knew a keeper who had a deux chevaux...van.............he never got stuck as the wheels were so thin they sunk in the mud until they found good ground...used to carry all the feed in the 2cv.......he loved it..

The French farmers car, got France moving after the war.

Certainly a car designed to a brief that it managed to meet for many years. Only three wheel nuts because it's all it needed. 

The fold back soft top and removable picnic come hide seats could be a great bit of kit for pc.

Edited by figgy

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

we jest ...........................BUT....i knew a keeper who had a deux chevaux...van.............he never got stuck as the wheels were so thin they sunk in the mud until they found good ground...used to carry all the feed in the 2cv.......he loved it..

Was asked to provide the entertainment - clay pigeon shooting - at the 2CV Owners Club "do" at the nearby Bicton Arena. Those  cars do things and go places that you simply wouldn't credit.

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

Was asked to provide the entertainment - clay pigeon shooting - at the 2CV Owners Club "do" at the nearby Bicton Arena. Those  cars do things and go places that you simply wouldn't credit.

apparently they are very good in sand ...........

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

apparently they are very good in sand ...........

2CVs were amazingly capable on the southern fringes of the Sahara, in their heyday in the 1970s.    

The French certainly knew how to design small cars for rough roads.   Ditchman might perhaps remember seeing the nuns in the remote areas of Uganda with their Roho (Renault 4) models.   Those ladies didn't stop at anything (driving-wise).