New perm again day of 2halfs

dad

had a day on the drilled beans thursday 3rd day running pushing our luck I know only shot 7 we packed up 2pm as rain started on the way out we decided to look at the rape and found it was alive with pigeons one plantation on the edge of the field about 40ftx250yds must havehad a 1000 birds in it we drove along the side about 30ft away to put them out up one way then back then the same on the other side and there were still birds in it watching us we could have shot quite a few with an air rifle probably 2000 overall we couldnt shoot friday so had to wait till Saturday now the rape is a shared perm so decide to go early and hoped other saturday shooters would still be looking at drillings got a call friday night from farm manager asking our plans for saturday I told him and he said he might meet us there with his young son no problem i told him we met up saturday 9.30  still loads of birds about manager and boy wanted to go on a small field that he had watched birds going to on Friday and easy to cover I would set up on the 60acre field now about half this field cant be shot from because of horse paddocks an houses so I set up then we walked them off the far end and put out the old p.c. trick moonwalkers in three places I forgot to say it was blowing a gale and thanks to the camo umbrella I take now it was bearable but I had to tigh it to the hedge another pc  trick my mate had a deli belly and decided to wait in the car and see what occured it wasnt long before the action started and it wasnt too long before I had 45 down for 90 shots very challenging in the wind then I got a a call from the manager we are not getting much can my lad sit with you and have a few shots with his 410 no problem I said deli belly will pick him up. I decide to put my gun away so I could concentrate on the lad about 8yrs I think  I moved the deeks in a bit so they would come incloser 15yds hopefully. that worked the lad had 67 shots for 3 down he was delighted the gun was a dreadfull fit far too long in the stock he struggled to get it into his shoulder and it fired to the left but he enjoyed himself thats what matters. I think there would have been 100 bird day therebut there's always tomorrow it . Deli belly never set up. He kept the moonwalkers upright they kept blowing over and the pigeons on the move.