Hi From Grenada

Expat

Keeping in touch with the "Old Country",

I have an old Falcon FN19 .22 Multi shot modified to 15ftlbs which is quite legal here, with no firearms certificate.

My main quarry is Rattus Rattus, as I keep free range chickens. Unfortunately a couple of chicken hawks who were showing too much attention fell foul of my old clunker. They are neither protected or endangered here.

When visiting the UK, I shoot .22 rimfire target, .22 AR15 sporting rifle, and Clays. Here I have a 9mm Glock, and am hoping to establish a second shooting range on the Island if I can only get past some of the red tape. The range has been cleared of trees and bush and can be used for personal target practice, but until approved it can't be used commercially.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

We don't have much of a problem with pigeons here, certainly not in the area where I live. We do have an edible Dove species called Ramier, not that I actually hunt them, I just try to protect my free range chickens from varmints like Mongoose.... which seems to be mostly my dogs job, it caught and killed one, and has chased 2 to my knowledge. Unfortunately it also seems to like iguana, luckily I rescued one literally from the jaws of death yesterday, and then we have rats and mice who love the chicken feed, also as I said before the occasional predatory chicken hawk.

On 10/03/2019 at 13:21, labstaff said:

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing how things are done there

I think the answer to that is VERY slowly... having patience is the name of the game. Manana doesn't even come into it.