Leaving Neverland

Munzy

4 hours ago, Munzy said:

Just finished this on All 4... disgusting, infuriating and so sad.

What were these poor boys’ parents thinking letting them sleep in a room with a grown man.

Disgusting nonce.

We started to watch it , but I couldn't stomach it ,and had to turn it off , it's very very uncomfortable viewing. 

3 minutes ago, team tractor said:

He was weird yes but who really knows if it’s all true. They always start after the accused dies so they can’t defend themselves. 

If it’s true he’s now in the best place for him .

This. 

There was always questions asked about him and things were a little odd, but now years after his death this all comes out, have a listen to his nephew talking about one of the accusers. The C4 programme gave you one side of the story. If this happened why are there only a few accusers. There would be a fair few more I think. But we will never know the full story because the defendant is not her to defend. 

8 minutes ago, team tractor said:

He was weird yes but who really knows if it’s all true. They always start after the accused dies so they can’t defend themselves. 

If it’s true he’s now in the best place for him .

2 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

This. 

There was always questions asked about him and things were a little odd, but now years after his death this all comes out, have a listen to his nephew talking about one of the accusers. The C4 programme gave you one side of the story. If this happened why are there only a few accusers. There would be a fair few more I think. But we will never know the full story because the defendant is not her to defend. 

In many cases the rich adult has the power and money to suppress all of the accusations!

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

In many cases the rich adult has the power and money to suppress all of the accusations!

This is very true. Always thought he was weird anyway.  As said , grown ups allowing their children to associate with him in such a manner should be locked up as well.

BUT just look at the Jimmy Saville case, very similar.

I have no idea whether MJ. was a

child molester or not; I do know that he was susceptble ( like many others ) to being manipulated by others and used as a cash cow.

No matter, it’s all too late now cos he’s dead and unable to defend himself. Saville, Smith, Britton, Heath; guilty or not they’ve all got away with it now because thisebin positions to do something about it didn’t. Too late. 

Money is power.....money can get you what you want, because as well as material things, most people can be bought!.....wealth and power enables the corrupt to buy people's silence and buy protection which makes them difficult to bring to book! There are many examples of this throughout the world! After they are dead they have no power, there is no more money to be had, so those who's silence has been bought, will speak out!....who knows there may be a bit of compo in it for em?

The parents were either starstruck and naive or ready to let their kids be abused in return for a cash payout.  If a middle aged man (especially a weird looking one) asked if your young son could go and stay with him for the weekend, you'd probably slap him. How does being famous change any of that? 

Personally I think he is guilty as hell, but we'll never know. 

Completely agree, we will never know for sure but what I cannot get out of my head is how broken and upset the two men were in the documentary recounting the alleged abuse. My opinion having seen the program is that they were not lying.

What I did find interesting is that with social media these days and countless “celebrity” shows on TV every day I’ve always considered the obsession with “celebrity” to be a modern phenomenon. This documentary showed the same obsession was alive and kicking back in the 90’s.

The parents of these boys were absolutely star struck and were living the high life following Jackson around. 5-star hotels and private jets for years and even houses bought for them. They were so blinded by celebrity and money they failed their children.

Haven’t watched it and not sure if I will so can’t properly comment. I can’t really mkw my mind up. In a lot of ways he’s guilty as hell as having young boys stay round is just plain weird but then he had a childhood of stardom and a father who beat him. Maybe he did just want to go back to being a child. I don’t know. 

33 minutes ago, winnie&bezza said:

Haven’t watched it and not sure if I will so can’t properly comment. I can’t really mkw my mind up. In a lot of ways he’s guilty as hell as having young boys stay round is just plain weird but then he had a childhood of stardom and a father who beat him. Maybe he did just want to go back to being a child. I don’t know. 

You are just making excuses for him in order to justify his wrongdoing!

I don't think you can compare Saville with Jackson, Saville was never properly investigated in his lifetime whereas Jackson has a pretty long investigation by the FBI who found no evidence of wrongdoing

He was definitely weird and I think we all agree his behaviour was not normal but I disagree with the way this has been so one sided and contradicting the accounts from the same families that previously took the stand for his defence - I know victims of abuse will often side with their abuser etc but in light of the FBI investigation etc I just don't believe these lads or their families.

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Why would I justify that! Who knows what went through his head and what actually went on. I blame the parents as who in there right mind let’s there child stay there. No matter who he is. It’s all ****** up

I think he was much more devious than we give him credit for. He gave out the persona of a child and interacted with these kids on a child to child level which probably was fooling the adults. At the very least it was a ploy to distract suspicion.  

34 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

I don't think you can compare Saville with Jackson, Saville was never properly investigated in his lifetime whereas Jackson has a pretty long investigation by the FBI who found no evidence of wrongdoing

He was largely cleared on the evidence of people who have subsequently become his accusers. That's a circular argument that can be used by both sides

4 hours ago, winnie&bezza said:

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

4 hours ago, Seadog1408 said:

Or being open minded?

1 hour ago, winnie&bezza said:

Why would I justify that! Who knows what went through his head and what actually went on. I blame the parents as who in there right mind let’s there child stay there. No matter who he is. It’s all ****** up

He was rich and powerful and very strange, had the wherewithal to get round possible investigations and we have a new member from America posting in here now.

He was odd, and weird to the extent I found him creepy, but he was also innocent, unless anyone can prove otherwise. 

Even if they can prove otherwise, then it’s a pointless exercise, because as I said earlier, just like all the home grown ones, he also got away with it because all those people in positions of authority who could have done something about it, didn’t.

If you want your ounces of flesh, perhaps you should start there?