Nice afternoon 🌞

muncher

Today as I was driving around for my job, I spotted a decent amount of pigeons on some drilled barley. I decided to ask for the afternoon off and thankfully it was granted. The only issue was we're to set up as there is four fields scattered around in a block. Picked a spot in a dyke by a culvert so I didn't need a hide. Now I only had 6 plastic half shell decoys which kept blowing away in the wind. First pigeon in I shot,great need one more for the rotory 7 shots later I managed to get the second. I set the rotory up behind me and to my right . The birds started to decoy and I added a few to the pattern and removed the shells. The wind was a real pain as it kept blowing the birds of my rotory. My shooting was quite poor to say the least and I was getting very frustrated with myself,and as the pigeons kept going wide of the pattern I moved along the dyke so the rotory was now to my left and. In front of me. This helped me no end and I started to shoot a lot better and now I was scoring doubles regularly,no triples like DB though! Then the wind started to die down and the pigeons piled in I ran out of cartridges at 4 o'clock having took 200, I picked up exactly 100. There is only 99 in the picture I found one on the way up.

https://ibb.co/RHPTn1y
https://ibb.co/PtKrc2s

IMG-20190311-164610742.jpg
IMG-20190311-163226097.jpg

Good to hear from the Norfolk boys again , I say boys but there was only one of you on this outing , where have the other half of M + M been lately ? .

You done well in today's wind although I don't think it was as strong as Saturdays , I was out and it must have been gale force , my shell decoys were being lifted and flicked over by the wind and the magnet was doing more harm than good with the wings breaking and then it went backwards when it was turned off , unlike P C , when we had a heavy shower and the wind picked up even more in a different direction I knew I was beat and called it a day .

40 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Good to hear from the Norfolk boys again , I say boys but there was only one of you on this outing , where have the other half of M + M been lately ? .

You done well in today's wind although I don't think it was as strong as Saturdays , I was out and it must have been gale force , my shell decoys were being lifted and flicked over by the wind and the magnet was doing more harm than good with the wings breaking and then it went backwards when it was turned off , unlike P C , when we had a heavy shower and the wind picked up even more in a different direction I knew I was beat and called it a day .

Motty was at work, unfortunately I would have liked him to be there as plenty went either side of me and with my poor shooting the bag could of been higher.

26 minutes ago, JDog said:

Well done Muncher. As we haven't heard from you in a while I thought that PW had lost you in the ether. 

I have been Wildfowling and we are not allowed to post on social media 😒 only been out twice today and last Saturday for a 27

7 minutes ago, muncher said:

Motty was at work, unfortunately I would have liked him to be there as plenty went either side of me and with my poor shooting the bag could of been higher.

I have been Wildfowling and we are not allowed to post on social media 😒 only been out twice today and last Saturday for a 27

Your shooting wasn't that poor with having a sticky start and a strong wind to contend with , 100 day bag for 200 shells for a afternoons sport is pretty good in my eyes , THANKS for sharing and hope there is more posts to come :good:

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

I wouldn't say I was distraught, but it is annoying listening to several bangs over the phone when your mate is shooting without you.

I am glad he had a good day, just jealous that I couldn't be there.

21 minutes ago, motty said:

I wouldn't say I was distraught, but it is annoying listening to several bangs over the phone when your mate is shooting without you.

I am glad he had a good day, just jealous that I couldn't be there.

Trouble is bills have to be paid and pigeons don't always wait until you have got a day off , I am sure your day will come before long , peas have started to go in as well as beans .

The forecast for the rest of the week is wind and heavy rain tomorrow and wet and windy for the rest of the week , your land might be a bit more lighter and lumpy than ours but the drilling down here is either devoid of pigeons or if there are any they are only on the field for a day before they move on someone else's .

Welcome back, nice to see that you found some sport for the afternoon and nice cleanly shot birds. Interesting that you had to move along the dyke to improve your shooting, but thats what you have to do. When you were talking about the wind and decoys, both the arms on my magnet had to be bent back into shape to allow them to slide back into the tubes due to wind buffeting.

Looking forward to more reports from the Dynamic Duo, M&M.

You did well to strike whilst the iron is hot muncher. I had a decent number of birds on my drillings last Tuesday, hoping to let them build. The weather turned on the Wednesday and I haven't seen the pigeons since despite plenty of seed on the surface?

Good result, well shot.

Great report. I suspect you may be being more than a bit modest about your shooting. 1 for 2 in gale conditions is pretty decent in my book.

Heaps of drillings went in up here last week, birds straight onto them the same day but had them cleaned in less than a day. Spring drillings used to be the cream of sport for me but the new super-efficient drills leave little spill and lessen the chance of a decent bag.

4 hours ago, kippylawkid said:

Great report. I suspect you may be being more than a bit modest about your shooting. 1 for 2 in gale conditions is pretty decent in my book.

Heaps of drillings went in up here last week, birds straight onto them the same day but had them cleaned in less than a day. Spring drillings used to be the cream of sport for me but the new super-efficient drills leave little spill and lessen the chance of a decent bag.

My shooting to start with was very poor but I did pull it back . I asked the farmer why he had so much grain on the top as he normally is a good farmer, he replied due to the rain he hadn't been able to roll it . Today I went passed another of his fields and it was heaving with pigeons,I just didn't fancy trying to shoot in the wind that strong,.🤔

On 12/03/2019 at 08:59, pigeon controller said:

Welcome back, nice to see that you found some sport for the afternoon and nice cleanly shot birds. Interesting that you had to move along the dyke to improve your shooting, but thats what you have to do. When you were talking about the wind and decoys, both the arms on my magnet had to be bent back into shape to allow them to slide back into the tubes due to wind buffeting.

Looking forward to more reports from the Dynamic Duo, M&M.

Thanks,I moved to change the angle to take them coming in front in stead of crossers that were flairing away on the wind.

Edited by muncher