The wonders of nature

walshie

Out of their bottoms.....had it eaten them? 

On a serious note having the lambs born is the best part of having sheep. We're lambing now for which I've inconveniently managed to injure myself, and it's still amazing to see the little floppy snot covered creatures come out and minutes later they're up on their feet.

23 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

Out of their bottoms.....had it eaten them? 

On a serious note having the lambs born is the best part of having sheep. We're lambing now for which I've inconveniently managed to injure myself, and it's still amazing to see the little floppy snot covered creatures come out and minutes later they're up on their feet.

Absolutely agree with this. The first dozen or so are a fantastic sight, when you get to the 300th though the novelty definately wears off. 

Speaking of snot covered creatures....one of the worst parts during lambing is when you have to give them a hand to deliver them and clear their airways.....then the little xxxxx shake their heads and coat your face in said goo. 🤢🤢🤢 

On 13/03/2019 at 16:40, Arcadia said:

Absolutely agree with this. The first dozen or so are a fantastic sight, when you get to the 300th though the novelty definately wears off. 

Speaking of snot covered creatures....one of the worst parts during lambing is when you have to give them a hand to deliver them and clear their airways.....then the little xxxxx shake their heads and coat your face in said goo. 🤢🤢🤢 

Yeah that's not tasty.

I aggravated an old wrist injury racing on Sunday which has lead me to retire from racing, so I'm glad my girls are lambing away quietly on their own. Only had to intervene the once so far. I'm busy trying to promote the southdown as a terminal sire and the ease of lambing is a definite plus!

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:13, walshie said:

This morning I've seen 3 small sheep drop out of bigger sheep's bottoms. What's that all about? 

Best go for a patrol tonight as I expect Mr Reynard will be by to pay a visit.

lamb chops protect them with  your life and choose one too heavy for slaughter which will just have the right amount of fat  so spot on       better than supermarket ****