Welly recommendation

BenBhoy

Hello

At work I wear steplites. Great wellies but very loose fitting (skinny legs!). I only wear when working the cattle so only a few hours at a time. 

Wanting a better fitting, walking welly for walked up shooting. Had le chamaue in past but split at heel after one winter so bit put off. Can anyone suggest others? I'm rather taken by the cammo jack pyke neoprene ones.

Gumleaf are sized large but quite narrow - so my usual 11 (45's) were too long but slightly tight, however  a 10.5 was too tight.

Started looking abroad - Scandinavia - but just sent a Swedish pair back.

How difficult can it be to make a decent wellie..................

Oh and the latest joke to come from Chameau, according to a local shop, is that they're telling stockists that their boots are fashion items and not designed to be worn continuously........

22 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Just bought some 4mm neoprene sealand ones after years of floppy dunlops. Like walking in trainers and only £30. Very comfy, but dont know if they will last. 

Which model mate?

6 minutes ago, LeadWasp said:

Gumleaf are sized large but quite narrow - so my usual 11 (45's) were too long but slightly tight, however  a 10.5 was too tight.

Started looking abroad - Scandinavia - but just sent a Swedish pair back.

How difficult can it be to make a decent wellie..................

Oh and the latest joke to come from Chameau, according to a local shop, is that they're telling stockists that their boots are fashion items and not designed to be worn continuously........

Bekina steplite are excellent wellies mate, but I find them too wide, opposite to you & gumleaf. 

3 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Which model mate?

Bekina steplite are excellent wellies mate, but I find them too wide, opposite to you & gumleaf. 

Thanks for the steer - I had seen these but didn't know much about them, so useful to have a 'user experience' so to speak.

Like you I'm looking for something light I can walk all day in.......

Edited by LeadWasp

16 minutes ago, LeadWasp said:

Thanks for the steer - I had seen these but didn't know much about them, so useful to have a 'user experience' so to speak.

Like you I'm looking for something light I can walk all day in.......

Had mine 3 year now, but only wear for couple hours a week.

I got some skellerup quatro for Christmas, so I haven't had them that long. So I can't comments on how long they last but they pretty comfortable and warm. A little heavy but the grip is great. 

I have agiles too but unlined and the my have lasted about 3 years moderate use and still look like they have a lot of life in then.

Edited by joejoe
Typo

:unhappy: i am just a poor boy i spend all my money of Diesel wild goose chasing in the season, i would love a pair of aigles whats its names, but i make do with Dunlops cheapest £8 a pair on my 4th and  5th pairs at the moment pups tend to chew the toes out of them or i kick a hole in them around barbed wire.  They do the job ill buy more if anything happens to these.

36 minutes ago, Dougy said:

The thing is lancer, i enjoy wearing mine, they are warm, comfortable to walk in and last well. 

If you dont walk through rolls of barbed wire of course. 

Fair play to you, just saying  i am cool with the Dunlops and ill admit i cant afford anything else i spend a lot of money in the winter have three kids a big house big mortgage and a big wife  3 dogs two horses and a budgie the wife that spends money like its going out of fashion but i blame the budgie for everything.  :lol: