Moto Gp and bikes

sam triple

To old for Track days now, Brain gets disingaged from throttle hand and away we go lol

Interesting start to WSB reminds me of Brad in BSB couple seasons back obliterated the field on race day 1 then went backwards rest of that year, Lets hope Mr Rea gets another Title :)

1 hour ago, sam triple said:

Anyone else into MotoGP BSB WSB and Trackday’s new season started ,next Trackday booked for April 24th or am I alone on this 🤔

Not into moto gp but BSB  WSB ill watch the occasional round if i catch it on telly . like the road racing ulster NW200 and the TT , and i see olivers mount is back on this year will go up there and have a look, Into hillclimbing Cars and bikes ( BORBON ) They tend to run a day a year at Harewoood. Enjoyed the straightliners at elvington but not sure if its still on now was some talk of track being out of comission but never confirmed this.

Big into Trials Clasic and modern the whole family is good clubs in Lincolnshire /Yorkshire.

Have a few  Road bikes a custom Kawasaki twin Yam XS650 Custom  and A 96 Triumph 885   triple thats a kind of a CAFEFIGHTER A DRZ400 lightwewight Touring mods and an XT600E touring mods i have had forever .

On 13/03/2019 at 20:02, Snoozer said:

To old for Track days now, Brain gets disingaged from throttle hand and away we go lol

Interesting start to WSB reminds me of Brad in BSB couple seasons back obliterated the field on race day 1 then went backwards rest of that year, Lets hope Mr Rea gets another Title

Never too old Snoozer  I’m 54 and still act like a complete **** 2 days at brands gp booked plus Catalunya 

good to see something else winning other than a Kawasaki though could shape up to be a good season 

On 13/03/2019 at 20:05, Fen tiger said:

Not into moto gp but BSB  WSB ill watch the occasional round if i catch it on telly . like the road racing ulster NW200 and the TT , and i see olivers mount is back on this year will go up there and have a look, Into hillclimbing Cars and bikes ( BORBON ) They tend to run a day a year at Harewoood. Enjoyed the straightliners at elvington but not sure if its still on now was some talk of track being out of comission but never confirmed this.

Big into Trials Clasic and modern the whole family is good clubs in Lincolnshire /Yorkshire.

Have a few  Road bikes a custom Kawasaki twin Yam XS650 Custom  and A 96 Triumph 885   triple thats a kind of a CAFEFIGHTER A DRZ400 lightwewight Touring mods and an XT600E touring mods i have had forever .

Loved the TT last year going again this never got in to trials ,remember kick start that was on bbc but that was as far as it got I’m afraid 

nice selection of bikes you have there sold my R1 last year and bought a speed triple which I love 

On 13/03/2019 at 20:19, sam triple said:

Never too old Snoozer  I’m 54 and still act like a complete **** 2 days at brands gp booked plus Catalunya 

good to see something else winning other than a Kawasaki though could shape up to be a good season 

Loved the TT last year going again this never got in to trials ,remember kick start that was on bbc but that was as far as it got I’m afraid 

nice selection of bikes you have there sold my R1 last year and bought a speed triple which I love 

I like the speed triples. My old bike started life as a humble trophy 900 side paniers and all that lard just sat there looking tame and fat.  Put it on a crash diet well to be more accurate the diet came after the crash when i picked it up, sold all the excess baggage and other tat, Put clipons on it a headlight single seat modified the rear framework exhausts and its a different bike now lighter less top heavy feeling, im a big believer in loosing weight bike or person, its only a hundred horsepower and a few of those could have escaped in the 35000 miles but its no slouch all the same, and its sound is way more important anyway i swear if it made just 20hp i would still keep it for the sound alone.

7 hours ago, Fen tiger said:

I like the speed triples. My old bike started life as a humble trophy 900 side paniers and all that lard just sat there looking tame and fat.  Put it on a crash diet well to be more accurate the diet came after the crash when i picked it up, sold all the excess baggage and other tat, Put clipons on it a headlight single seat modified the rear framework exhausts and its a different bike now lighter less top heavy feeling, im a big believer in loosing weight bike or person, its only a hundred horsepower and a few of those could have escaped in the 35000 miles but its no slouch all the same, and its sound is way more important anyway i swear if it made just 20hp i would still keep it for the sound alone.

You made it in to a proper cafe racer then ,yes the sound is addictive mine has a straight thru arrow low boy exhaust ,a tad loud but you can’t have it all 

Love watching Moto gp, last track day was at festival of a 1000 bikes, and I got to ride with my childhood hero Kevin schwantz, fantastic.

Raced with the straightliners for 10 years with the wife.

And did the Guinness worlds fastest wheelie comp at elvington 3 years on the run great fun doing mile long wheelie at 150+.

Try and get to the IOM every year road racing is the best

Edited by Longman
Add text

1 hour ago, SpringDon said:

I watch bsb and wsb but don’t often go to meetings. Still go the manx most years. Will do some track days this year if I can finish the bike. Usually go to pembrey but brands gp is fantastic (not keen on indy though)

got Brands gp booked for 24/4 and 2/7 let me know if you can make either ,could meet up

1 hour ago, Longman said:

Love watching Moto gp, last track day was at festival of a 1000 bikes, and I got to ride with my childhood hero Kevin schwantz, fantastic.

Raced with the straightliners for 10 years with the wife.

And did the Guinness worlds fastest wheelie comp at elvington 3 years on the run great fun doing mile long wheelie at 150+.

Try and get to the IOM every year road racing is the best

I was blown away by the TT last year weather was fantastic ,going again this also went to Assen for moto gp again brilliant time stayed in Hereven about 40 min from track

5 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

i watch em all fi as well i go to my local track as often as i can,5 meets a year at aintree just 15 mins away from home.but dont want to ride em any more too many my mates pushin up daisies.

unfortunately losing people is unavoidable whatever you may be doing ,got Goodwood not far from me so the revival or the festival of speed is good to older stuff plus newer bikes ,plus the breakfast club on the first sunday of each month thru the summer always throws up some good stuff whether on show or just in the car parks

8 hours ago, sam triple said:

got Brands gp booked for 24/4 and 2/7 let me know if you can make either ,could meet up

<snip>

What’s the july 2nd one? I looked on the brands site and it seemed to be a car day.

im thinking of making my comeback there! (If I can finish the bike)

Hi yeah Bautista is certainly up for it ,but 6 out of 6 and the margins he’s winning by is in my eyes wrong I’m not knocking him or Ducati as they’ve built a beast of a bike my worry is you’ll get the same as the last 4;5or 6 years where one will just walk it  whilst the others are playing catch up I’m with Jamie Whitham when he says Wsbk needs a drastic overhaul,just have to see what the rest of the season brings but I think it’ll be more of the same 

As regarding your track day just do it ,get it booked and don’t be afraid to get an instructor to help you for a session or 2 ,we all have to start from somewhere no matter what it is ,bikes ,shooting etc ,No Limits instructors are free of charge too 

Not sure what you chaps want from a track day  and i have never been to one, there is other things you might want to try with your bikes, there are hillclimbs and sprints across the uk and some motorcycle clubs do use some car venues barbon use harewood hill one day a year or did do, there are other clubs do various sprints up and down the country.

you will need competition licence as these are speed events and club cards i doubt will suffice but i am no expert you might get some you can get a day card like they do in trials you will need to check this yourselves with the organisations/ clubs.

Competition licence is no biggie your  firearms / shotgun certificate is way more hassle, it will involve your doctors but its no problem. 

There is drag racing they run street bike classes run what you brung again need to ask .

There are speed events like straight liners different classes whilies / speed etc. link here off my bookmarks. https://straightlinersonline.co.uk/.

Have a look online there might be something you want to have a try at , the ACU HCA MSVA / rac is where you will get your licence for most types of event.

Straight liners Wheelie championships. speed next and a couple at barbon hillclimbing.

Edited by Fen tiger