Moto Gp and bikes

sam triple

Great to see the hillclimb videos.

I used to do hillclimbs many years back and was runner up in the 250cc class in the early 90's.

Broke my leg in the last round at Hartland Quay, needed to win to win the championship, was third after the first run and came a cropper on the second.

Should have kept on doing hillclimbs as there were reasonably cheap but had the roadracing itch.

Following season went racing with my mx hillclimb bike and had a few class wins until some t**t  knocked me off in practice at Pembrey and smashed my leg to bits.

Just when I had spent a mint on the ignition and the bike was flying, damn!

Dont think Barbon is on anymore, shame as it was my closest event, Liked to go and watch my old mates.

49 minutes ago, ratchers said:

Great to see the hillclimb videos.

I used to do hillclimbs many years back and was runner up in the 250cc class in the early 90's.

Broke my leg in the last round at Hartland Quay, needed to win to win the championship, was third after the first run and came a cropper on the second.

Should have kept on doing hillclimbs as there were reasonably cheap but had the roadracing itch.

Following season went racing with my mx hillclimb bike and had a few class wins until some t**t  knocked me off in practice at Pembrey and smashed my leg to bits.

Just when I had spent a mint on the ignition and the bike was flying, damn!

Dont think Barbon is on anymore, shame as it was my closest event, Liked to go and watch my old mates.

I am not 100% but route 66 MCs ran barbon group bikes  at harewood just one saturday as i remember it, but i think Route 66 have gone now, the olivers mount is back on i heard this year think route 66 were running that, so dont know if its reformed or some one else doing it at olivers mount or not. Its on though again,

Hillclimbs all over the place i only did cars but many do bikes,  Sprint and hillclimb clubs in search bar will throw some up pick on close by and have a go its not expensive to just compete but if you get into it get ready then you got commitment and deadlines to meet to stay competitive  it starts to cost then . Bering amongst it and taking from it what you want , its financially achievable and wont get in the way of earning money or family commitments more than you allow it to. Be warned it is addictive.

Not sure but up the m62 scamunden dam, i think there is a hillclimb there once a year think bikes are in that some local club run it, will be Hudersfield area i think up there, dont think its quite far enough over west to be manchester. but not a local so not sure.

Did a search last years results looks just cars.

http://www.pendledistrictmc.co.uk/?page_id=168

And olivers mount fiassco.  Not kidding you everywhere you look shooting fishing motorsport there is always some body trying to shut us down. ! What is it with these people. ? https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/scarborough-borough-council-move-to-quash-oliver-s-mount-organiser-rumours-1-9429026

more

http://huddlehub.co.uk/articles/1118/olivers-mount-racing-not-yet-confirmed-for-2019.html

6 days ago

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/tt-road-races/2019/march/olivers-mount-2019/

on this year anyway.  20hrs ago.

https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/tickets-for-scarborough-gold-cup-and-sheene-classic-now-on-sale

Edited by Fen tiger

3 hours ago, m0t0deb said:

that will be Auto 66 not Route 66, that's in USA

old now the memory is not what it used to be. . :innocent: i went in the workshop the other night 10. 30 PM could not remember why i was there. :lol: Next morning lad asks if i got him the multimeter he asked me to get out when he came home from school the night before, i knew i had to be there but could i remember. :hmm:

1 hour ago, sam triple said:

Tried a bit of drag racing on a bike for a season back in the day but the cost was astronomical 1/2 mile to a gallon of methanol tyres etc spent a shed load of money to reach a quarter finals to win £15 🙈😂 soon gave that up 

OH! yes when you take it seriously it starts to eat your funds, your committed to the next step / meeting to be in the running. But if you just run it when you want if  just being there fills your appetite then you can do it fine.

those boys are seriously not well in the head ,got a few mates who are into that and it is pretty impressive to see them at work ,fourtunately it never floated my boat, if my front comes up 6inches im off the throttle with my clack valve working overtime

but hats off to those that can do it and do it justice

Not heard anything else about other races, but he did say he was coming back to pikes peak for that on that turbo suzuki, he did well on that and it was not running properly.  I am not sure but think this BSA was his dads bike saw a picture of it online when he was booked for Cookstown just before he pulled out last year and the Rocket 3 had IAN Martin wrote on the fairing i am guessing that’s his dad so imagine its his old bike. i know he used to race at the TT many years ago.