Mad dogs and Englishmen.

JDog

Just for once the weather forecast was spot on, thirty miles per hour winds. No self respecting pigeon would fly in that surely and no decoyer would be mad enough to be out in winds of that magnitude?

Clodhopper and I had some unfinished business with pigeons as we failed miserably on drilling twelve days ago when we saw a lot. He did all of the leg work this time and we met at the appointed hour only to see hare coursers brazenly driving through the farm. The gall of these people astounds me.

There were pigeons on a line but we had no choice but to set up out of the wind in a long hedge with a rotary, a flapper and pigeons on sticks. We were not far off the line and for ninety minutes pigeons came off it to our pattern and proved to be very testing indeed. In that time we shot 37 pigeons then the line changed so we packed up fully intending to get in a ditch but as we moved the line stopped. We scratched about elsewhere and shot another 6 giving a total of 43 for the day. This was excellent sport.

thumbnail_20190313_143943_resized.jpg

Edited by JDog

I was out yesterday too so us taffs are just as daft! I didn't even bother getting hide or decoys out though, could picture myself wrapped up in my own hide net!! Walked around, tucked into hedges under flight lines, sitty trees etc.

Ended with 1 pigeon, 1 magpie, & 1 rabbit!! 🤪