Hello, SXS bird hunter from the USA

2 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Welcome, it seems the only real following for SxS in US is The Vintage Gunners and similar. shame because there are some great value English guns available at present.

Yea if it’s not black and plastic and holds at least 8 shells nobody wants it here.  But there is something breaking a SxS open that makes me smile.  Eventually I want a Drillings but they are very rare here.  When you do find them they are chambered in something that you can’t buy ammo for.  I did get two of the Remington Spartans before our government banned them here.  I have the 12g over .223 and 12g over .308. 

EF55C19D-47E9-4762-A658-873380DA0C2F.jpeg

3 hours ago, JJsDad said:

I am sure you will find something of interest on here albeit the natives squabble amongst ourselves now and again !

That’s funny because on most American forums somone would have been called a retard by the 10th post on any given subject.   

5 minutes ago, butchdickason said:

There is a Aberkinfig in Wales near Bridgend, but no Aberkinrigg showing on Google Maps.

:welcomeani:

I was told it was in Wales.  But your right it doesn’t show up on maps.  

2 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

That’s funny because on most American forums somone would have been called a retard by the 10th post on any given subject.   

Youre not wrong there !
When Ive been reading through them, its apparent there are some very rude opinionated people when it comes to American firearm forums.

British forum- 'I think you may be mistaken Sir'
US forum   - 'Are you some kind of goddamn imbecile ?'

Welcome to PW !

my god a damned left hand drive landrover...........what do your mates think of you driving a landrover...do they still consider you to be an anglo-phile still since coming across the pond in the 1600's

fer gods sake dont go on the english land rover forums...........they swear and cuss and are full of male cows excrement...and dont take any prisoners...

so glad to see it rains in your part of the world as well.........so much for global warming..

welcome........:good:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

my god a damned left hand drive landrover...........what do your mates think of you driving a landrover...do they still consider you to be an anglo-phile still since coming across the pond in the 1600's

fer gods sake dont go on the english land rover forums...........they swear and cuss and are full of male cows excrement...and dont take any prisoners...

so glad to see it rains in your part of the world as well.........so much for global warming..

welcome........:good:

Everyone loves the rover!  It draws a crowd every where it goes.  I restored a chevelle and SS impala and when I go to car shows I get more interest in the Landy Rover hands down.  The rover is a money pit as they are terribly expensive over here and break down if you look at it wrong but it’s a love hate thing.  I will die with my LandRover.  But yes LandRover  people would tear me apart as I have tried to make it more reliable but swapping out the original equipment.  The engine is a 4.2 Perkins out of a Massy Ferguson Tractor. I converted the breaks to power with a Ford F-250 kit.  The heater valves a Chevy.  But I new LandRover parts are high and break within a few months as most of are LandRover parts are made in Asia.   

very nice........there are several lads on here with classic cars we all drewl over........have a look on my profile and you will see the engine i have in mine...

ive had a look on american websites as to the price of parts over there.........they are frightenly expensive...at least you should be able to get massey spares alright............how does the gearbox handle the extra power from the 4.2...?