Sportsman Gun Centre

Novice

Does anyone have any experience of buying a shotgun from this shop via rfd transfer? If so, how was the experience? Was it as described? 

Also, who am I best to ask for to deal with the transaction, specifically at their Newport site? I'd prefer someone who knows one end of a shotgun from the other and is capable of giving an honest appraisal. 

Cheers

Just now, Novice said:

It's a particular browning model they have that I've been after for a while. 

Have either of you bought guns from them? 

hello, no but i always tried to buy local, if it is a new Browning ? you could ask your local dealer ? where are you and what model you looking for ?

If its a rare one , then that may be one of your few options.
Unless you live a ridiculous distance away , Id be going over to inspect it first , before bringing it home.
Its OK someone at the shop saying its in such and such condition, then when it gets transferred its not, then they blame the other RFD or courier, or just argue the toss about descriptions being relative.
Spend the RFD cost on transport to the shop, would be my plan.

21 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

If its a rare one , then that may be one of your few options.
Unless you live a ridiculous distance away , Id be going over to inspect it first , before bringing it home.
Its OK someone at the shop saying its in such and such condition, then when it gets transferred its not, then they blame the other RFD or courier, or just argue the toss about descriptions being relative.
Spend the RFD cost on transport to the shop, would be my plan.

This, go and look at it first.

Thanks for the input folks. I've given them an initial call and it doesn't look like it's what I'm after. It's a browning 425 waterfowl model, but they're telling me it's marked for use with 2 3/4 and 3 inch carts. I thought the waterfowl came as 3 1/2 inch as standard. I guess not. 

11 minutes ago, Novice said:

Thanks for the input folks. I've given them an initial call and it doesn't look like it's what I'm after. It's a browning 425 waterfowl model, but they're telling me it's marked for use with 2 3/4 and 3 inch carts. I thought the waterfowl came as 3 1/2 inch as standard. I guess not. 

I thought that might be what you were looking at, it was surprisingly cheap at that price, so condition was suspect.

Theres a few 425 elites on guntrader, which is virtually the same gun, but more like £1000

If you must have a 3.5 inch chamber, do a search with that criteria on guntrader or gunstarHere you go , everything with 3.5 inch chambers on GThttps://www.guntrader.uk/Guns-For-Sale/results/7b1c-575c-b275-51bb

Edited by Rewulf