Ranger A/T Tyres

NatureBoy

Just got a older 2005 ranger for shooting truck after  bad smash in my ol disco. Any recommendations of what  A/T tyres  to put on it?  Was thinking bfg's but they an odd size (265/70/15 ) and they don't seem to do them?  Any other problems with them i should look out for? Pleased with it so far. Very tidy. bit noisy but pulls like a train. Don't think it ever been off road seen a builders bucket or farmyard. NB

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=265-65r17-31-10.5r15

This is a handy tyre size tool. On my Hilux I dropped a size from 17 inch to 16 inch rims (more choice). Just swapped the Hilux for a Nissan np300 and yesterday bought a set of cooper discoverer sport at3 255 7015 at £360 from tyres direct. Spent a fair bit of time looking at tyres and these seemed to be best value.

I put 31 x10.5 BFG MT on my Hilux it was a good 1" higher under the axle but very noisy and worse on fuel as gearing had changed (speedo was accurate with the bigger tyres)

On 14/03/2019 at 18:51, NatureBoy said:

Just got a older 2005 ranger for shooting truck after  bad smash in my ol disco. Any recommendations of what  A/T tyres  to put on it?  Was thinking bfg's but they an odd size (265/70/15 ) and they don't seem to do them?  Any other problems with them i should look out for? Pleased with it so far. Very tidy. bit noisy but pulls like a train. Don't think it ever been off road seen a builders bucket or farmyard. NB

There is sometime good deals on steel modular wheels and tyre combos together, stick with bfg at2 or if you want more open and not a mud tyre the duratrac is good, if your on a budget try coopers or General 

Thanks for all ya help and advice chaps! Going for bfg's at's  31x10.5x15  Bit bigger and not cheap but need to get it proper sorted for off road  after getting my ol Chevy i bin using stuck in the fields again at weekend.  Was like 4 seasons in 1 day shooting yesterday with thunder and rainbows thrown in. NB