Importing an airgun from Europe

DukesArcher

HI guys

So I've found the pcp I'm after for 150 less in the Netherlands. They will indeed ship to the UK and have advised me that they do this all the time, but the only problem is that the gun will be running at around 30ftlbs. The idea is to take delivery of the gun and turn it down to under 12ftlbs , but I'm not sure how realistic that would sound to customs if they stopped the package. 

I don't want to be importing a section 1 into the country without a licence. ☹️

What should I do?

1 hour ago, DukesArcher said:

HI guys

So I've found the pcp I'm after for 150 less in the Netherlands. They will indeed ship to the UK and have advised me that they do this all the time, but the only problem is that the gun will be running at around 30ftlbs. The idea is to take delivery of the gun and turn it down to under 12ftlbs , but I'm not sure how realistic that would sound to customs if they stopped the package. 

I don't want to be importing a section 1 into the country without a licence☹️

What should I do?

I don't want to be importing a section 1 into the country without a licence.           Think you have already answered your own question bud.

I am pretty sure from a licensing perspective it needs to running Less than 12 ft/lbs before it comes into the country as it will be deemed an FAC rifle. Once an air rifle is deemed FAC it’s almost an impossibility to get it licensed as sub 12. 

I would check through your local Friendly RFD and ask if they might get it for you but I am pretty sure I know what the response will be. 

hello, as la bala stated it is not a practical solution, the company should not be selling you a FAC air rifle if you do not have a licence in the UK, i have seen quite a few members of the airgun forum buy a sub 12 and have saved money on the UK RRP,  is there not a sub 12 version of the rifle you wish to buy ?  what make of air rifle is it ? it is not something i would do despite the savings on UK prices 

• 2 weeks later...