Bumper repair help

CZ550Kevlar

Hello,

Does anyone know anywhere in the Dover area that can repair the damage in the photo? The light cluster I have found and can replace myself but need the plastic bumper damage repaired.

If I can't get it repaired I'm looking to have to get a new rear bumper, get it sprayed then have someone take off the old one and swap all the inserts over then refit. Was hoping to do it off insurance.

IMG_1026.JPG

Look on bestpartstore for the light cluster, probably a half to a quarter what the main agent would charge. Chips Away or similar for the bumper but the skill level of individual franchisees is variable and its best to ask to see a previous job. Or get cheeky and ask a big dealership who does their bumpers.

What is it an I 30 ?

Before you go for a repair ,just check how much a new one is.

Bought one for a 17 plate i10 the other day , it was 90 quid genuine. 

The light was about 70, i know it's different but Hyundai bits don't appear to be as expensive as you might think.

£250 for the repair, £150 for the light cluster.

and of course like an idiot I phoned my insurance company and told them it was hit by someone but nothing on the works cctv and even though I'm not making a claim it looks like it will affect my premium because I was honest and disclosed it and on renewal of the policy I'll have to declare it!

2 hours ago, CZ550Kevlar said:

£250 for the repair, £150 for the light cluster.

and of course like an idiot I phoned my insurance company and told them it was hit by someone but nothing on the works cctv and even though I'm not making a claim it looks like it will affect my premium because I was honest and disclosed it and on renewal of the policy I'll have to declare it!

Get a quote to replace the bumper too, the way its cracked I don't believe the repair would last that long.

The slightest nudge tends to make them crack again.

You've no need to declare an accident at renewal, unless you're claiming,  if they load you ,take your business elsewhere.

If you want to PM your reg ,I'll get you a price for the bumper, so you at least know.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Get a quote to replace the bumper too, the way its cracked I don't believe the repair would last that long.

The slightest nudge tends to make them crack again.

You've no need to declare an accident at renewal, unless you're claiming,  if they load you ,take your business elsewhere.

If you want to PM your reg ,I'll get you a price for the bumper, so you at least know.

I would be more worried about getting a good colour match if they fitted a new bumper. It could stand out like a sore thumb. Even if it doesn't look too bad initially it will age differently 

Edited by Vince Green

Even a half decent smart repair would get the colour match right enough, bear in mind the fact  bumpers and wings tend to be different material it’s not unknown for them to have slightly contrasting colours from day one. I’d be amazed if the insurer dares raise the premium, I had a drunkard hit a parked VW and push it into my parked car which needed a new front bumper etc, they waived the excess and arranged everything including collection and hire car, they wrote and told me no change in any claim bonus or subsequent premiums as it was deemed a no fault  accident.

I'm hoping being only a year old the paint will look pretty even unlike an older car that has had many years of uneven exposure.

i am now however worried about the weakness thing but its not on an exposed edge it's on the in curve so hoping will not be such an issue and the big thing I hope they don't spot it and go over with a fine tooth comb.

1 hour ago, CZ550Kevlar said:

I hope they don't spot it and go over with a fine tooth comb.

They can do, but its so variable,  we have experience of both extremes from nit picking on the tiniest of details to being asked to return a vehicle direct to  Enfield car auction,  give them this letter and get a receipt.

23 hours ago, Vince Green said:

They can do, but its so variable,  we have experience of both extremes from nit picking on the tiniest of details to being asked to return a vehicle direct to  Enfield car auction,  give them this letter and get a receipt.

Spot on.
Ive seen them go round a car in 10 seconds, and others take 10 minutes with detailed inspection of bodywork, wheels/ tyres, interior.