New additions to the Mod team

Teal

Would like to say a million thanks to Cranfield and Dunkield for their big effort in helping run the forums over several years. I know all of us in the mod team really valued their input and wise counsel. Sometimes it's not easy, but they both had a great knack for it, and are great guys and always good fun at the annual mod booze-up meet-up. They have both recently taken decision to step down to normal members on the forums.

And with that in mind it gives me great pleasure to announce two new moderators- Wymberley and Welsh1. No pressure guys, you have big boots to fill 😊 but as two long standing members very pleased to have you joining us on the team, we're lucky to have you!

Whilst they are learning the ropes would encourage all members to be on best behaviour, as we need a few examples to show what the big red button beside each username does 😉

6 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Big thanks to Cranfield and Dunkfield - hard acts to follow. That said, their replacements are respected members of this Forum and I wish them well.

I fully endorse that sentiment. 

OB

(Maybe) your first attempt at moderation....

..Ti's a tad like the Eu - we're controlled by people we didn't vote for?

So (a la Eu) will the "mod booze-up meet-up" now be funded by members and amended to every 6 months with one in the Highlands of Scotland (stag & salmon season, obviously) and the other in the rolling hills of Devon (partridge and pheasant season)?

(Apart from that, sincere best wishes in your unenviable new roles).

Edited by Eyefor

1 minute ago, Eyefor said:

So (a la Eu) will the "mod booze-up meet-up" now be funded by members and amended to every 6 months with one in the Highlands of Scotland (stag & salmon season, obviously) and the other in the rolling hills of Devon (partridge and pheasant season)?

That sounds great! Thanks for the offer, 8 pegs please! 🙂

2 hours ago, Zapp said:

I don't want to burst your bubble Steve but it's actually 80,000 Venezuelan Bolivar per annum. Hope you didn't take the finance out on that Ferrari...

Well, that didn't go down too well with the garage. Just had to cancel the order for the Aston Martin I placed earlier.   :whistling:

It ain’t too easy being a mod, I have been press ganged on a vintage caravan forum and it can be quite difficult having to traipse through posts to be sure they meet criteria and to have to formally warn folk is an awful task. But luckily the forum is quite a calm one. But also trying to organise annual rally’s and get togethers can also be difficult when you settle on a date using a diplomatic process and then get called bias :rolleyes:

thanks for all all the hard work chaps, and welcome to the next generation. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Geordie said:

It ain’t too easy being a mod, I have been press ganged on a vintage caravan forum and it can be quite difficult having to traipse through posts to be sure they meet criteria and to have to formally warn folk is an awful task. But luckily the forum is quite a calm one. But also trying to organise annual rally’s and get togethers can also be difficult when you settle on a date using a diplomatic process and then get called bias :rolleyes:

thanks for all all the hard work chaps, and welcome to the next generation. 

Im just trying to visualise all those obscene and racist post's on the vintage caravan forum...😉