Scrapping a shotgun

I have just purchased a new mossberg 535 ats as my old one is now worn out my local gunshop wouldn't even take it as a part exchange. I was just wondering could i take parts off it as spares for my new one then scrap it. Things like barrel  stocks non load bearing inner parts etc.

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

I may be wrong, but thinks it’s any load bearing part; hence the licensing of moderators? 

You may be right? But a barrel without an action is merely a tube shaped "club", a moderator without a gun is of no offensive use I can think of and an action without a barrel is only dangerous if you throw it!...or drop it on yer toe!

35 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

You may be right? But a barrel without an action is merely a tube shaped "club", a moderator without a gun is of no offensive use I can think of and an action without a barrel is only dangerous if you throw it!...or drop it on yer toe!

Which is why we have the illogical legislation we do....as far as I know, if you’re caught in posession of an unlicensed moderator ( and nothing else at all ) you could be charged with possession of an illegally held firearm, and when the article appears in your local paper everyone will think you’ve had a gun.  👍

47 minutes ago, Scully said:

Which is why we have the illogical legislation we do....as far as I know, if you’re caught in posession of an unlicensed moderator ( and nothing else at all ) you could be charged with possession of an illegally held firearm, and when the article appears in your local paper everyone will think you’ve had a gun.  👍

Is there any difference between an air rifle moderator and a bullet rifle moderator? It is possible to fit a mod sold as a screwcut .22 air rifle mod on a .22 bullet rifle.....but as far as I'm aware, an air rifle mod does not need to be proofed or on ticket!

More illogical legislation?

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Is there any difference between an air rifle moderator and a bullet rifle moderator? It is possible to fit a mod sold as a screwcut .22 air rifle mod on a .22 bullet rifle.....but as far as I'm aware, an air rifle mod does not need to be proofed or on ticket!

More illogical legislation?

Don't hold your breath, I bet that changes when they inevitably license airguns down here. 

I,ve just scrapped 2 single 12 gauge all I done was phone the firearms section on how to do it answer was easy 

go to my local station and let them know in advance that I was taking them in and then on the day take them in dismantled and hand over and get a log number then send tirearms dept an email with serial numbers / my details inc cert number and date with the log number given