norica 410 3 shot.

Ryan74

Hi guys. Ive just bought a norica 410 3 shot bolt action with the soul intention of getting a suppresor for it for rabbit shooting on a paddock behind an industrial estate. it has a 3 inch chamber but with the load the brass expands and it seems to have trouble extracting off the bolt out of the chamber from which i have to rod the empty out through the barrel. so ive had to feed it 2.1/2 inch from which work great and cycle without issue. my question is does anyone else have experience with these issues and if so is there a 3 inch cartridge that they use that would work. ive stripped the gun down bolt included and its clean as whistle so i know the extractor spring is fine. any help much appreciated just dont want to bankrupt myself looking for different brands of ammo.

1 hour ago, Ryan74 said:

Cheers Dave. It’s my first proper use of the 410 is there any significant difference in a 2.1/2 to a 3 inch in distance and power I know the 3 inch holds more shot but I just want to make sure it does it’s job on the bunnies.

The "distance and power" of any cartridge is pretty much dictated by the amount of shot in the load. A pellet fired from a 4 bore will have the same energy as an equal pellet of the same velocity fired from a .410.

I have a Norica 3-shot. I only put 3" carts through it, never had any issues with it not extracting... but as yet it isn't getting lots of work (no ferrets currently and not enough rabbits around).

I'm using Lyalvale Supreme Game carts - 18gms, no6

Edited by Harry Callahan
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Read this when you first posted and stated filling my pants with brown stuff.

I'd just bought the same gun and was waiting for RFD transfer (which turned into a nightmare)

Gun arrived last week and all I could get locally were eley  2  1/2" which worked fine.

Got some eley 3" yesterday and tried them today.

Ejected/fed flawlessly.

Even mixing 2 1/2" and 3" in the mag.

Pull the bolt out and give it and the barrel a good clean.

looking at the gun today you possibly have a build up in the chamber from the previous owner using the

shorter carts and not cleaning it ?

Cheers guys sorry I didn’t get back sooner I managed to sort it in the end I gave the chamber a right good clean out rodded it for about half hour and cleaned out all the build up and seem to work fine now with the 3 inch just need to get my head round the dodgy magazine not feeding properly.

Load the queer mag and when you get the "chamber round" on top press down slightly to stop the bolt trying to pick the second cartridge up.

3" is a bit more awkward than 2 1/2"

Push cart down at the back and use thumbnail on the "brass" to slide it back under the retaining lugs on the magazine.

loading 1.jpg

loading 2.jpg

loading 3.jpg