fac licence

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Good shot? said:

Anything in HO guidance is just that 'guidance' is what I have been told by Firearms office in the past. Read from that what you wish!

They might be guidance only, but in my experience if you present your case properly in writing referencing the relevant sections of the document to aid your cause, they won't act against the guidelines.

Tim

18 hours ago, stagboy said:

So, the usual suspects among the anti-BASC brigade are out again. Meanwhile, BASC has grown to a record 150,000 members over recent years. It's not a perfect organisation, of course (and I've had my own issues with it over the years) but it is clearly much more successful than the others, some of which have been losing members for some years now, and all of whom are tiny compared with BASC. The market seems to be voting with its wallet. And many members have had some very good service from the BASC firearms team (I know I have - and they also saved a friend's certificate). GunPlan doesn't even have a firearms advice team.

Look, there is an organisation for everybody - so choose one that suits. Rant and rail if you like, but the BASC membership growth figures speak for themselves. Nobody is forced to join BASC. There are plenty of alternatives.  But joining a shooting org - any shooting org -  must better than being a cheapskate freeloader and buying bargain-basement shooting insurance from a commercial insurance supplier, thereby simply putting money into the pockets of commercial shareholders who might even be anti-shooting.  

It's not about being anti BASC i was amember like a lot of others and when a mate of mine needed help like bottletopbill and you get told you gotta go it alone.As you stated they got a firearms advice department i could have told him to complain to a higher officer when you pay good money because you think your in a top org you expect top advice. 

This matter isn't about a moan or a complaint it's about him  being refused his FAC 

• 1 year later...

Got my licence for 22lr only and a hundred rounds in March 2019 last year but had to have some mentoring from two great guys in Deal. The FAO said the letter from the guys was not enough even thou both are in a rifle club. Will be going for higher powered rifles after lock down