GoPro help

rimfire4969

On a bit of a whim I bought a GoPro for a recent trip to Cuba. Amazing bit of kit and we took some great underwater video. (If I new how to put it on here I would share a small bit)

My questions: What do you use for editing all the videos together and chopping the bits I don’t want and how do you store all the footage?

I have no clue about this sort of thing so any help great fully received. 

What Snoozer said.

If you store the footage on your PC/laptop device, it can soon fill up the hard disk drive (HDD).

Buy an external HDD and you plug it into your USB drive. Transfers the videos from the micro SD card to that. It just acts as an large external storage device and you can keep your videos on that.

For editing, you can use the Go Pro software. The last time I used it a few years ago I didn't get on with it, so I used Windows Movie Maker instead. It was free with Win 7 but you can't get it with Win 8 or newer (I don't think).

You Tube also have their own on-line editor. never tried it though.

In terms of sharing - if you get a You Tube account, you upload your edited video and share the link to it here:

You will also need to store the finished product on your HDD. If you then don't need all of the original footage, you can delete that as it will free up a lot of space. 

Editing it a bit of trial and error but very satisfying when you've completed it.

Edited by hedge