Oh poor woman...

washerboy

Poor lamb, 

Sounds like a set up to me, why would any woman want her hair cutting in a men's barbers is beyond me. Unless they want a man's haircut.

If she had said I want a wet shave this stubbles irritating or short back and sides not a girly haircut they may have said sit down be with you soon.

They probably don't have people trained for women's hair.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I agree whole heartedly , there are 2 sexes , male and female, and 2 genders man and woman.
That is what you meant wasnt it ? 😃

Pretty much. 

There are two biological sexes. Gender is just a creation of whatever Society you live in.  I suppose technically you could have more than one gender as gender is all roobarb. When I say "roobarb" I mean "a mix of culturally acquired assumptions and practices, mostly based in belief systems not scientific fact that serve to reinforce the power systems built around those beliefs" but I think "roobarb" covers it quite well. 

Even if there were ten genders your biological sex would be the same. 

Edited by ehb102

5 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

Pretty much. 

There are two biological sexes. Gender is just a creation of whatever Society you live in.  I suppose technically you could have more than one gender as gender is all roobarb. When I say "roobarb" I mean "a mix of culturally acquired assumptions and practices, mostly based in belief systems not scientific fact that serve to reinforce the power systems built around those beliefs" but I think "roobarb" covers it quite well. 

Even if there were ten genders your biological sex would be the same. 

Agreed !

Though you will get some of the more 'progressive' types disagreeing with you on the last one.
I assume youve read this, although this is technically mis gendering.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/police-question-mum-misgendering-transgender-14161741

A bit off topic as it's about a silly bint who craves attention and will do anything to get it but while we're talking about transgender, a mate of mine hit the nail on the head recently when he aired his views. He said if a man idenitifes as a woman or vice-versa, everyone is only too keen to accept that and doctors would be prepared to do a sex-change, but if the same person reckoned he was Lord Nelson, would they cut his arm off and poke his eye out, or deal with the issues that makes someone think that?

26 minutes ago, walshie said:

A bit off topic as it's about a silly bint who craves attention and will do anything to get it but while we're talking about transgender, a mate of mine hit the nail on the head recently when he aired his views. He said if a man idenitifes as a woman or vice-versa, everyone is only too keen to accept that and doctors would be prepared to do a sex-change, but if the same person reckoned he was Lord Nelson, would they cut his arm off and poke his eye out, or deal with the issues that makes someone think that?

Brilliant!:good::lol:

25 minutes ago, walshie said:

Interesting angle.

I nearly walked into the womens toilets the other day (they had these silly signs on them , had the kids with me who thought it highly amusing.

I said its ok, Im identifying as a woman today, Ahh , said the kids ,But youre not dressed as a woman or anything !
I said yes, but Im identifying as a non conformist transgender female, so I CAN use the womens toilets if I choose, and if anyone has a problem with that, Im calling the police and reporting it as a hate crime.

Silence 😲

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Agreed !

Though you will get some of the more 'progressive' types disagreeing with you on the last one.
I assume youve read this, although this is technically mis gendering.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/police-question-mum-misgendering-transgender-14161741

Yep. I warned BASC that the Police were doing this, and I warned them that this was going to be an issue. I suspect they laughed themselves silly, but only once they got off the phone so that's polite 🙂 It might one day be an issue for me, who knows? I certainly am very careful about what I write on the Internet. I have written to my MP and complained that the Police are going over their remit and making the law. Usually my MP doesn't do anything but criticise other agencies so I thought they would love this opportunity to score points within policy, but I got the usual rubbish in response. 

if I was a men's hairdresser I would be reluctant to cut the hair of a very image conscious female "self styled" TV star. Better to be criticised for refusing to do it than get sued for not doing it exactly how she wanted and all the fallout that could entail

I don't really get why she went into a barber's in the first place, unless she was looking for an Instagram opportunity

Edited by Vince Green