Toyota Hilux Recall

walshie

I got a recall notice in the post about the airbag on my Hilux. Apparently in an accident it could explode and spray metal shrapnel round the cabin. Nice. They said they'd be in touch once they had the parts to fix it.

I phoned them today to ask how long it was likely to be and was told they could do it next Monday. I asked them if Toyota suggested I should just be without a car till then, or whether they recommended I drive it and risk serious injury. (No right answer there, notice.) They said they would deliver me a courtesy car tomorrow until then. Fair play!

I recommend any Hiliux owners on here check to see if their truck is affected. 👍

my hilux got same recall as has my daughters rav 4 rang local toyota dealers waiting for parts as in big demand both vehicles had three reminders for same recall and still waiting got same recall for my 16yr old nissan patrol  rang dealers parts in stock and can do when car available

Im waiting for mine to get a bit dirtier, they do a valet after they have played with the air bag thingy. My previous Invincible had the same re-call, thought they would have sorted it by now. 1 issue i do have though is the poor MPG, its a newer model (Feb 2016) improved emissions and extra gear on the auto box yet less MPG than one 9 years older. Seriously thinking of having it chipped.