Am I just lucky or what?

bruno22rf

So Squirrel season, for me, is nearly at an end and few things with a heartbeat are still in good health on my local perm since the .17hmr arrived.Decided today to have a quick look around and see if I could find some more land. Now - anyone who lives in Bucks will know how bloomin hard it is to find shooting land unless you have deep pockets or are sleeping with the landowner (or both) so my hopes were not high. On the way to walk the dogs each morning I often see a couple of fields covered in Pigeons and the rape, in places, is virtually non existent. So here was my start point - 2 phone calls with my bestest phone voice had me in touch with the owner. The norm at this point is a resounding "Nope" followed, if you are lucky, by a string of well rehearsed explanations or, if luck is clearly not on your side, a clunck as the phone goes down.

What doesn't usually happen is "pop down with some paperwork and I'll sort something out for you" - 15 minutes later I'm standing in the Farmers kitchen (wow......niiiiiiice) being handed a plan of his 1000 acres of which I can help myself - Rape, Peas, Wheat and Pheasant pens that all need regular pest control.

Gonna do the lottery this week........... 

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Dont think it's keepered - he invited me to beat next year if I wanted and he described the pheasant shoot as just a few good days out for a laugh - land is amazing - it almost comes back to where I live !!! and has 3 woods one of which is 40 acres.

The explanation is your dipped in it😆 now get yourself some squirrel feeders made up, ya don't ask ya don't get.

👏👏