Best/Budget Pressure washer

toxo

have a look at the Aldi ones............they are called Workzone..........cant fault mine...........whatever you do steer well clear of the cheap bottom of the range karchers...dont waste your time with them........its almost fraud them selling stuff like that........i had 3 in 6mths...and everytime the pumpbody split....

think i paid £79.00 for the aldi one...and it is qite high pressure..and a very long hose on a mounted reel......

edit.............just checked on the net.....i bought mine 3 years ago and they have gone up in price by .90p.....and are in stock now....150 bar !!!!

Edited by ditchman

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

have a look at the Aldi ones............they are called Workzone..........cant fault mine...........whatever you do steer well clear of the cheap bottom of the range karchers...dont waste your time with them........its almost fraud them selling stuff like that........i had 3 in 6mths...and everytime the pumpbody split....

think i paid £79.00 for the aldi one...and it is qite high pressure..and a very long hose on a mounted reel......

+1 for the Aldi ones , Ive got the cheaper one for £40 , powerful , reliable and a 3 year guarantee, excellent value for money.

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

edit.............just checked on the net.....i bought mine 3 years ago and they have gone up in price by .90p.....and are in stock now....150 bar !!!!

+ another 1

Thanks guys. Leaning toward the Nilfisk because of the better flow, metal motor and nozzles. Used to deal in Karchers so I know it's a bit of a lottery in the cheaper ones because of the plastic motors. In fact I've just tried two that were in the garden and both are no good. Nilfisk are doing a refurbished one for £55 plus delivery Or new for £75. No brainer for me.

I have had a number of pressure washers - last being a petrol job, for the lads' motocross. Bought an electric one at Aldi this morning, at 11.00am. At 1.00pm is was back there - wouldn't work at all.

Second one got plugged in at 2.20pm and was back with Aldi at 3.00pm. This one worked fine for two minutes and then began to pulse. I have a video of it doing it. I took that back - Manager said it must be low pressure. I pointed out that it worked perfectly fine for two minutes - no lack of pressure either.

Money refunded. First time I have had a problem with their stuff - usually bullet-proof.

16 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I have had a number of pressure washers - last being a petrol job, for the lads' motocross. Bought an electric one at Aldi this morning, at 11.00am. At 1.00pm is was back there - wouldn't work at all.

Second one got plugged in at 2.20pm and was back with Aldi at 3.00pm. This one worked fine for two minutes and then began to pulse. I have a video of it doing it. I took that back - Manager said it must be low pressure. I pointed out that it worked perfectly fine for two minutes - no lack of pressure either.

Money refunded. First time I have had a problem with their stuff - usually bullet-proof.

Sounds odd, as you say there stuff is normally pretty good. I get that pulsing with my Karcher on the far taps with the extended hose 😞 

On 20/03/2019 at 19:45, toxo said:

Changed my mind. Aldi looks the better machine and better value although it says the motor is ali/plastic which is probably ali head/pump and plastic motor. More power mor bar. And it's only five minutes away.

if its the £79 quid one the whole pump is ali and ss ....

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Oh dear!

Just bought one this afternoon. Haven't even unpacked it yet. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

If your machine is pulsing it could be low pressure or a small leak. Either way the pump will stop and start as the pressure changes. If it's low pressure use a supply from a filled dustbin or similar. It will then draw what it needs. Use a short piece of ordinary hose or you can buy purpose built ones with non return valve. Worth a try. Might need to do this myself as my hose pressure isn't great.

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I usually find pulsing is caused by air locks in the hose. I always flush water through first without the pump running, often takes quite a while depending on the length of hose attached to the pressure washer

Went to get some shells this morning and passed a different branch of Aldi - popped in and got another washer. It works perfectly well - no pressure or other issues.

The box looked unopened, whereas the first two could well have been opened - the closure looked sloppy. The first had rubber seal missing off the lance and the second had a scuff on the handle. I spoke to the manager when I took them back. He assured me they weren't returns.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Went to get some shells this morning and passed a different branch of Aldi - popped in and got another washer. It works perfectly well - no pressure or other issues.

The box looked unopened, whereas the first two could well have been opened - the closure looked sloppy. The first had rubber seal missing off the lance and the second had a scuff on the handle. I spoke to the manager when I took them back. He assured me they weren't returns.

Could easily have been a return although they're usually sent back to the supplier. It's astonishing how many people buy a washer, take it home to do the garden/patio in the spring and then take it back to the shop for a refund.

One more point re the pulsing. At 450 ltr flow, this washer is around 70ltr more than the nearest budget rival that I looked at which of course would exacerbate any pulsing problems.

Tried mine today. As I suspected my pressure was slightly low resulting in. slight pulsing. No stopping and starting though. Tried the dustbin with not much luck. Priming it was a bit of a faff and when I got it going it wasn't the best. Probably better with a larger hose with a filter and non return valve. All in all, quite pleased. Will look at increasing the hose pressure.

Our cheapo Karcher had given up the ghost, so I bought the £80 Aldi, which was delivered today. 

A solid piece of kit, and I started cleaning the patio but soon delegated the task to my wife, who was itching to give it a go.

The washer works well.