Sale of goods-vehicles

eddoakley

Maybe should be in motoring section but here we go....

Bought a new van over a month ago.

Brand new from a large dealer.

Within a week it broke down. It didn't stop but warning lights on dash and AA called. Cleared faults (fuel pressure and communication errors, 4 codes in total)

All good.

Less than a week later and AA out again as it wouldn't start. This time 3 codes and "immobiliser fault" and " communication error".

Back to dealer who were liaising with Peugoet to try to resolve. Courtesy van supplied.

This morning I have told them that I am not prepared to have the van back due to the faults and it being clearly not fit for purpose. They have had it longer than I have!

My concern is not that I can't just send it back but that I had it sign written and racking fixed in the back. Where would I stand with A: seeking compensation for my costs?

B: returning a vehicle not in the same condition as I received it? 

C : having to remove sign writing etc?

Any advice?

Edd

I would be seeking the cost of the sign writing as well - it's not your fault that the van is faulty. You could have returned it within 30 days I believe without question but over a month they may try and be difficult. Consumer direct will give you the best advice. (03454 040506)

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well the vehicle is clearly "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE" take it back request either a replacement or your money back and tell them you want your costs covered and will go legal if necessary!

quite................i know of 2 cases involving a land rover disco.........where after 4 mths of breaking down and rust issues on the side doors..........both parties made veiled threats of legal involvement and got a full refund..........

Well, I couldn't really have asked for more from the supplier.

Emailed this morning to say they could keep the van and I would have my money back. Sale of Goods, fit for purpose etc etc.

Had a call from the salesman who apologised for the slow response (2 hours!) but that the management had to discuss and agree it. He said I could have my money back, no arguments.

However they would like to make an offer that I was under no obligation to accept:- replacement vehicle, same spec, brand new off the forecourt (still in the wrapper) 19 plate instead of the 68 plate that I had, ply lined sign written  to my spec and 1 year tax. Not much to show for the inconvenience but I though a perfectly reasonable offer that I accepted.

So all in all I am satisfied and have to say the service I received from the supplier has been exceptional. 

David Spear Commercials in Tredegar.

Edd