WHAT DO I REPLACE MY OLD BERETTA 686 L WITH.

scutt

My old beretta 686 L has got to the stage when I have to replace it. Should I go for a SILVER PIGEON  .I have been shooting for years but only had a few shotguns   I  don't know what's out there or what makes a good or a bad shotgun.

I mainly  rough shoot over my dogs and pigeon/crow control with a bit of driven   and duck shooting.

Looking for something around 7.5 ibs 28inch barrels.

any recommendations for me to do some homework on.

Sorry mate your talking in a foreign language 😣I have no idea its an early 1970 model I think . I have owned it for ten years it owes me nowt for what I paid for it.

The stock and fore end have cracks and the upper ejector is worn allowing the cartridge to drop past it when loading been told its not economical to repair.

As I know very little of what makes a good shotgun I would not know a good second hand one if I saw one so looking to buy new.

Beretta every time, I swear by my 686E and my 391 urika 2, would not consider any other make. love them.

If you only rough shoot with the wild fowling through the winter then try the Beretta 391 Urika 2, multi choke, 3 shot semi, with 3 inch chamber for the geese, 

The pheasant and clay shooters don't like 3 shots to be used but for all other shooting they are great,  will cycle almost any cartridge, without jambs, weight is about right, on pigeons and crows you have the advantage of a third shot, you can even add a silencer to the barrel which can be unscrewed to revert back to normal choke barrel when needed,

Stock length is not a problem as any gunsmith will supply you with the correct spacers to lengthen, I have an extra 3/4 inch in mine , also there is an adjustment in the stock engineering to allow you to change both horizontal and vertical position to suit exactly your own needs. 

The build quality and finish are spot on, you can pick up a good second hand one for around 650 quid so it wont break the bank.:good:

Edited by lakeside1000

4 hours ago, scutt said:

My old beretta 686 L has got to the stage when I have to replace it. Should I go for a SILVER PIGEON  .I have been shooting for years but only had a few shotguns   I  don't know what's out there or what makes a good or a bad shotgun.

I mainly  rough shoot over my dogs and pigeon/crow control with a bit of driven   and duck shooting.

Looking for something around 7.5 ibs 28inch barrels.

any recommendations for me to do some homework on.

do you want to sell it has it got 30 inch barells and 2 and three quarter chamber if so giz a ring on 07714 323 909 or swap for summit have a nice gold e       cheers   george    rfd durham