Kids ey !

ditchman

40 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Saw a new take on this the other year. A mate (as I understood his invention )had a piece of 4" plastic drain with end caps. The front had 12" length of plastic outlet pipe glued/welded into the centre and into the back plate he'd fitted a gas igniter (I think that's what he called it). He'd put a small spud in the front outlet, unscrew the rear end cap, squirt in quick start (from a car bar) into the drainpipe, refit end cap and wallop the gas igniter thus propelling  the spud forward at a rate of knots. He was in his md 40's so boyhood fun with things that go bang seems hard wired into our psyche.

We made them out of pipe and stun gun for igniter. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought 4 pallets of colored hairspray at auction.   I took a tube with a nail in the bottom.   Rigged up a tazer to a circuit switch to ignite it.  So you drop the hairspray can in the tube like a mortar. The nail punctures the bottom of the can as the tazer arcs to ignite its.  It fires out the tube like a rocket.  

F88B9014-10B9-420F-9350-638D24C53EA3.jpeg

I also made my son a blackpowder cannon.  It’s fun.   Still need to make a little carriage. 

0D88FAC6-0988-46D5-AA05-2F199F87B41E.jpeg

6005C277-DEFA-4F5C-92BC-2E91C88B3821.jpeg

Having grown up on a dairy farm the possibility for death/fun and games where endless, from daring each other to run across the crust on muck heaps, spending hours tunnelling through bale stacks, no big bales.One of the best were the small calf rearing nuts fitted down the barrel of 22 air rifles so making a air powered shotgun.

4 hours ago, Bobba said:

Saw a new take on this the other year. A mate (as I understood his invention )had a piece of 4" plastic drain with end caps. The front had 12" length of plastic outlet pipe glued/welded into the centre and into the back plate he'd fitted a gas igniter (I think that's what he called it). He'd put a small spud in the front outlet, unscrew the rear end cap, squirt in quick start (from a car bar) into the drainpipe, refit end cap and wallop the gas igniter thus propelling  the spud forward at a rate of knots. He was in his md 40's so boyhood fun with things that go bang seems hard wired into our psyche.

These have been around for years, had a bit of a league at my last job to see who could make the biggest and best/most dangerous. They used to make an impressive dent in a tractor workshop wall, cheap hairspray was a good fuel

1 hour ago, kennett said:

These have been around for years, had a bit of a league at my last job to see who could make the biggest and best/most dangerous. They used to make an impressive dent in a tractor workshop wall, cheap hairspray was a good fuel

Thats what we called the bakedbean can Bazooka. We found rice pudding tins better as they tended to bow before the bottom blew out. Ill make one tomorrow and take a photo. 

a flying fortress crashed near us...and for years the local farm workers used to collect 50cal live ammo from the crash site and made them into petrol lighters.........

we used to collect them ...pull the bullets out ...save the black stuff inside .....set off the primers (which nearly blew yer teef out) and make bombs an stuff..:lol: