Boiler help..

Archie-fox

Hi all,

not been very active in here for a while, but need some help with my boiler, it about 10 years old and has been working fine.. it’s a Baxi boiler, this last week it’s been loosing pressure and throwing up E119 error code, I’ve had a local plumber change the expansion vessel but it’s still loosing pressure and needing to be topped up every 24 hours, I’ve checked as much pipe work as I can see and no leeks, nothing dripping outside either.. any suggestions ??

has it had its day? 

thanks in advance of any replies.

1 minute ago, Rob525 said:

If it's one of the early condensing ones check to see If the condendense pipe is dripping when the boiler isn't on, secondary heat exchangers have been known to fail on those 

Thanks I’ll check that..

5 minutes ago, Rob525 said:

If it's one of the early condensing ones check to see If the condendense pipe is dripping when the boiler isn't on, secondary heat exchangers have been known to fail on those 

Just checked it’s dripping into the drain out side.. 10/15 drips per min

The heating and hot water need to be OFF. Turn the boiler off, leave it 20mins and then check over the next 30mins

Pretty sure the duo doesn't have a secondary so if it is it will be the main heat exchanger but being stainless I doubt it will be that. More likely the prv but you said it wasnt dripping outside? 

Edited by Rob525

21 hours ago, Rob525 said:

The heating and hot water need to be OFF. Turn the boiler off, leave it 20mins and then check over the next 30mins

Pretty sure the duo doesn't have a secondary so if it is it will be the main heat exchanger but being stainless I doubt it will be that. More likely the prv but you said it wasnt dripping outside? 

Yea I didn’t see it dripping as the boiler was off pal, when I turned the heating on it started to drip away...