Miroku MK70 - Auto Safety Bar

WelshAndy

17 hours ago, WelshAndy said:

Thanks... pretty handy with stuff - although YouTube usually have videos to follow... no such luck with this piece. 

I know where to source the bits.. just not sure where to fit them. 

Thanks again

Andy

Just a thought......try looking on youtube for converting a Browning manual safe gun to an auto safe? I don't know but are they not virtually the same gun? 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Or......you could just keep your finger off the trigger until you’re ready to shoot?  🙂

Sorry, but it’s been screaming out to be said. 

Why that comment?! I’ve been shooting with an auto safety gun for 20 years. 

I like the added safety...

Do you know what I’ve been screaming to say about this forum for a long time.... to many people with negative judgemental comments. 

If I want to convert my gun, who are you to tell me that I should keep my finger off the trigger till ready to shoot. 

I’m experienced enough thank you..

It wasn’t meant to be a negative judgemental comment, hence the smiley. 

If you want to convert your gun then I’m not telling you not to do it; you should do as you feel. 

Personally I’ve never used a safety on any shotgun or rifle; there’s absolutely no need for a safety on a shotgun. It’s just an observation. Each to their own. 

One point not all Miroku's were machined to take a auto safe . I dont know if this model is or isn't . I never bothered with specific models as mechanical they are the same and as a gunsmith thats all that really mattered .

If it is not made for simple conversion then it can be done but it is really a job for someone with the experience to do it as it involves removal of metal , drilling in the correct place , making the activating rod  and taking wood from the inside of the stock head .

Edited by Gunman

hello, i have preferred an auto safety on shotguns since i started shooting, i think it is just a matter of personal choice, i have just bought my new and last shotgun from 2 that i looked at both were ideal but only one had auto safety catch, as a side note i did ask how much would it be to have done on the other gun, £100 plus vat, hope you get sorted Andy