Sending cartridges in post.

I see a couple of requests from collectors for shotgun cartridges. Would they prefer them fired or unfired or is there no preference ?

If unfired and not able to do a face to face and physically inspect their certificate, how would they legally be able to send through post ? Would it be acceptable to see a photocopy of their certificate and send them through the post or would it have to be RFD to RFD ?

7 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Ive had cartridges sent from a shop after sending a copy of my Sgc, then the carts being sent via special courier. 

Everything else I've been and collected, wouldn't even risk sending empties through the post. 

I don't see what's wrong with sending empty plastic tubes in the post. I've sent and received many empty brass cases with no problems whatsoever.

57 minutes ago, walshie said:

I don't see what's wrong with sending empty plastic tubes in the post. I've sent and received many empty brass cases with no problems whatsoever.

No, I don't see why there should be a  problem either. 

Think the problem is common sense isn't exactly that common anymore and it only takes one not so clued up postman pat to ruin someone's day. 

Im not for a minute saying don't do it, I'm simply saying I was reading somewhere that someone had brought empties, then had them destroyed by royal mail. 

8 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

No, I don't see why there should be a  problem either. 

Think the problem is common sense isn't exactly that common anymore and it only takes one not so clued up postman pat to ruin someone's day. 

Im not for a minute saying don't do it, I'm simply saying I was reading somewhere that someone had brought empties, then had them destroyed by royal mail. 

Fair enough. Maybe I've just been lucky. 👍

I sent a bloke a load of spent 16g cartridges No problem But i do'nt bother with RM as they ask too many questions I use courier and cheaper

Just cartridges deliver live cartridges by courier all you do is send a copy of your ticket only once and your on file so can repeat orders as many times as you wish