Gun case labels

Dave at kelton

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

I think he is after original guncase trade labels?

eye but  prontoprint will do a better job for him    the way i look at things these gunsmiths  did not have  compueter printing gear back in   1875     i get all my printing at prontoprint any way they make a cracking job        cheers   george

Hi Dave, your going to have a hard job to find originals in good condition, if you do, you will pay a lot of money for them. Fine sporting antiques has a tatty Chas Lancaster  and it is £90. I take it you want them for gun cases or are you going to make copies?  . I renovate old gun cases and it is nice if you can have originals but you cannot always get them. Have you tried Peter Dyson?  they do very good repro which with a bit of work can be aged,   instant coffee powder works well. Original labels are rare and are getting rarer i’m afraid but best of luck with your quest.

Cheers 

Alan

On 24/03/2019 at 13:15, alan123shooting said:

Hi Dave, your going to have a hard job to find originals in good condition, if you do, you will pay a lot of money for them. Fine sporting antiques has a tatty Chas Lancaster  and it is £90. I take it you want them for gun cases or are you going to make copies?  . I renovate old gun cases and it is nice if you can have originals but you cannot always get them. Have you tried Peter Dyson?  they do very good repro which with a bit of work can be aged,   instant coffee powder works well. Original labels are rare and are getting rarer i’m afraid but best of luck with your quest.

Cheers 

Alan

Thanks Alan and yes for cases for guns I have. I have a Woodward repro label but wanted to try for an original. I have bought them in the past and know you have to pay but in the scheme of things it seems the right thing to do with these old guns.

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

Thanks Alan and yes for cases for guns I have. I have a Woodward repro label but wanted to try for an original. I have bought them in the past and know you have to pay but in the scheme of things it seems the right thing to do with these old guns.

Yes it is if you can, best of luck with your quest, I will Keep an eye out