Chickweed

I mentioned in my post this week chickweed in the field behind the hide, with my head full of flu I had left one of my flasks at the hide position. So being the dutiful husband I asked the wife if she would like a ride out into the country to see the lambs. So we went to recover the flask and take some pictures, the whole field was covered and will be brilliant for the pigeons as long as the farmer does not graze the sheep in it. In the past we have had some very good day on these type of fields so I will have to keep an eye on it for the future.

100-3387.jpg
100-3388.jpg
100-3389.jpg

We have 2 fields just outside the village that have not been drilled yet just pulled up had hundreds on them for weeks I can only think theres chick weed coming through they seem to leave it for a few days for something  else then return cant shoot of course

On 27/03/2019 at 16:35, dad said:

We have 2 fields just outside the village that have not been drilled yet just pulled up had hundreds on them for weeks I can only think theres chick weed coming through they seem to leave it for a few days for something  else then return cant shoot of course

Farmer started drilling these fields today when I came past this afternoon the farmer had stopped leavi g a couple of acres in the middle undrilled and the pigeons were crowded on to it ignoring the drilling

On 29/03/2019 at 07:13, dead eye alan said:

Watching a field yesterday with good numbers of birds down and more joining, the ground is roughed up sweet corn stubble with large amounts of chick weed. Will be having a go on it Saturday. If it's not touched before. 

Well disappointed first the farmer had blanked off the lane to the field due to the camping brigade fly tipping down the lane. Had to go about 3/4 of a mile to a neighbouring farm drive through the yard cross 3 grass fields opening and closing gates and find a way into the intended field. Low and behold not a pigeon insight but it was early 9.15 so set up anyway just because i was there, long story short 8 for 19 home at 4.45 pm well disappointed.  😖