Shooting seat

bigroomboy

Yes i roughly based it looking at the idle back. Which clearly also uses a theodolite tripod but i couldnt justify the price. I dont plan to raise it much as i cut the hight down to what i thought would be my hight but i can adjust based on the ground. The seat and back are birch ply and then i used the cut offs from the tripod for the other bits. Not too heavy, but probably a bit more than the idle back.

Ha you get to see the back yard engineering there. I played with a few different things. Basically another bit of leg section boxed in with nylon as a bearing surface than a big nylon washer underneath to stabilise. There is just a cylinder of ply that slots into the central hole of the tripod.

1553450715079337.jpg

2 hours ago, bigroomboy said:

Ha you get to see the back yard engineering there. I played with a few different things. Basically another bit of leg section boxed in with nylon as a bearing surface than a big nylon washer underneath to stabilise. There is just a cylinder of ply that slots into the central hole of the tripod.

1553450715079337.jpg

Thanks for the picture. That looks pretty substantial. Well done Sir.

i can see a disapearance of tripods going missing from lock up on-site containers happening soon...................

edit:.........

my next shooting chair will come from yarmouth sea-front ............a bloody deck chair...now thats what i call style..:lol:

Edited by ditchman

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

i can see a disapearance of tripods going missing from lock up on-site containers happening soon...................

edit:.........

my next shooting chair will come from yarmouth sea-front ............a bloody deck chair...now thats what i call style..:lol:

Well I hope you rent it out for the correct period of time. You do realise you will never get up out of "your" deck chair in time to shoot ANYTHING!

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2019 at 20:40, ditchman said:

You certainly have class ditchie , for head wear , would you have a  camo hankie knotted on the four corners ?, and when times are slow you can treat yourself to a 99 from Mc Donalds 😎

4 minutes ago, marsh man said:

You certainly have class ditchie , for head wear , would you have a  camo hankie knotted on the four corners ?, and when times are slow you can treat yourself to a 99 from Mc Donalds 😎

no food unfortunatley as i have a gluten problem...................when times are slow i would like to take with me a grateful african woman.........

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

when times are slow i would like to take with me a grateful african woman.........

That shouldn't be any problem , we have virtually all nationalities from around the globe in one square mile, and I am sure we would have one that would suit your requirements when you pick up your stripped deck chair , the last time I made an inquiry  it would cost you around 10 S / A  Rand for the day :lol:

last time i took fat sarah with me................NEVER AGAIN.........she rolled over and took the damn net with her into the ditch............boy i culdnt move her she was all wrapped up in it ...i didnt have my knife so i couldnt cut her free....i had the devil of the job to unrap her.....the birds were coming in lovely to the decoys...but i coulnt get at me gun cause she was on top of it....and i did my back in.........got a hernia and ruined a perfectly good net.....

never again....

moral of the story "always take a woman who can carry her own weight"........