Little Toes - What’s the point?

lord_seagrave

I have broken my little toes of both feet a few times. I walk around the house and garden barefoot all the time.

Last time on the Ottomon foot at the base of our bed. Heard and felt the bone crack. Wife said you just bruised it soft lad. Two days later she saw it and said yep looks broken now.

Tape it to toe next to it or leave it if it's not bent out of shape. Loose shoes for a bit.

Wait till you catch it again whilst it's still sore, you find your sense of humour leaves you rather quickly.

Breaking your big toes hurt a lot more.

Edited by figgy

My Dog has been in surgery this morning to remove one of his toes, it went well apparantly and i can pick him up this evening.

I did know a lad in the Army who had lost both his toes to frostbite, bit strange looking at someones feet and it suddenly dawning on you why they look different, it didn't seem to affect him, he had inserts to go in his boots to fill the space, and was a good footballer.

I split my big toe in half, much debate about what to do but in the end it was decided to put it back together and see how it went as without it my balance would have been jaffed. 

Has never affected me and I went on to sprint and jump at a relatively high level. 

I no feeling in along the outside of my right foot including the little toe as a result of a bulging disc in my lower back pushing on a nerve.

i walk with a slight limp and cannot stand on my right leg alone.

on the up side , on the occasions that I have stubbed this toe I always think oh that would have hurt.

Hitman 

14 minutes ago, the hitman said:

I no feeling in along the outside of my right foot including the little toe as a result of a bulging disc in my lower back pushing on a nerve.

on the up side , on the occasions that I have stubbed this toe I always think oh that would have hurt.

Hitman 

Always look on the bright side :lol: 

I’m sorry for your condition, Hitman, but that has really made me laugh!!

LS

14 hours ago, the hitman said:

Hitman 

I'm the same with the outside half of my big toe on my left foot, through the same reason, although the offending bulge was removed in 2000. Happily, though, I can stand on my left leg.

Edited by Penelope

5 hours ago, Penelope said:

I'm the same with the outside half of my big toe on my left foot, through the same reason, although the offending bulge was removed in 2000. Happily, though, I can stand on my left leg.

Yes it depends which disc is bulging and which nerve is trapped  in the back as to which part of your body goes numb.

i was offered surgery however no guarantee that it would give me the feeling back in my foot so I didn’t bother.

like most things we just learn to live with it.

On 29/03/2019 at 17:40, Ricko said:

My second toe, next to the big toe, is quite long. I often think it could be a replacement finger if I lost one.

Maybe toes are spare fingers??

Know I guy who lost a thumb in an industrial accident and had it replaced with a toe. Managed pretty well.

Wish I had some great punch line to that but it's actually just a true story.

Edd

On 25/03/2019 at 12:26, figgy said:

Wait till you catch it again whilst it's still sore, you find your sense of humour leaves you rather quickly.

I bumped it in a chair leg just as we were sitting down to dinner this evening and terrified Little Lord Seagrave (and most of the neighbours) with my outrage and profanity.

I’m not embarrassed to admit there were tears in my eyes. 😠

LS