Swiss army watches

B725

As there are a few folk on here who dabble with watches, what I am after is a plain watch like the Swiss army one's but have only around £100 having looked on the net its a bit of a mine field and I'm still not sure who actually makes them, can anyone recommend any please. 

Which Victorionix (Swiss Army) model are you looking at? They make a large range. The quartz battery ones are on Amazon for less than £100, but an automatic will obviously be at least twice that.

If you particularly want an automatic, one that's a little bit different is the 31 jewel Vostock Amphibian. They have a bit of a cult following, come in a few different cases and faces, and £50+ gets you the Kalashnikov of the dive watch world. I have a couple of them and for the money you can't go wrong. Simple and robust!

You can find a good range here -  https://www.ebay.com/usr/moscowtimeseller -and the seller can be trusted. Good people to deal with..

57 minutes ago, storm in a teacup said:

Have you thought about a seiko 5, you can get them loads cheaper from creation watches in Singapore even with import charges you will get change from £100.

I've bought a few from them in the past

Get a Seiko 007 or 009 - brilliant watches!! 

Both keep better time than my Omega 😣

They're not to everyones taste, I quite like the quirky Soviet styling, have you considered a Vostok? Russian mechanical military style, Not expensive. £40.00 depending upon how extravigant we want to be.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Watches-Parts-Accessories/14324/i.html?_sop=15&LH_BIN=1&_from=R40&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_nkw=vostok&_dcat=31387&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=30&_udhi=95

image.png.45c864b1641fdec25a3393da9b5266ad.png

Me being tight I can’t go for high end. I buy more for the look than the brand! Today I came across this and I thought it was quite nice for £10. The auto wind weight bearing plate had came loose so had to strip it and reattach it which was a pain in the proverbial. But it’s done now! You can see how small the screws were in the second pic I will put up after this one!

1F1045B7-1E50-4C89-874C-CDF6135256A8.jpeg

86CD26A2-B1F5-4988-850A-37FCB51E1633.jpeg

11 hours ago, Lord Geordie said:

Me being tight I can’t go for high end. I buy more for the look than the brand! Today I came across this and I thought it was quite nice for £10. The auto wind weight bearing plate had came loose so had to strip it and reattach it which was a pain in the proverbial. But it’s done now! You can see how small the screws were in the second pic I will put up after this one!

1F1045B7-1E50-4C89-874C-CDF6135256A8.jpeg

86CD26A2-B1F5-4988-850A-37FCB51E1633.jpeg

hello, that looks a nice watch LG, i would say an early one made by this company, 

On 25/03/2019 at 20:08, Lloyd90 said:

Get a Seiko 007 or 009 - brilliant watches!! 

Both keep better time than my Omega 😣

13 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

I'd vote for the Seiko's.

Everyday use then buy the automatic. Wearing it once a week or so then get quartz or kinetic with power reserve.

Bought mine in 1986 with my first self employed income. Been everywhere, had serious levels of salt water, dust, temperature ranges (+48c t0 -26c) and never misses a beat.

"The quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten"?

Edited by Eyefor

I have a few Lorus lumibrights and a some eco drives. Both are very good. The lumibrights are very bright for seeing at night time.

The high end eco drives are among the best watches in the world for timekeeping.

Seiko's are good I've had a couple and broke them along with the Lorus I've had, all daily watches get abused.

The Seiko automatic movements can be good, worth reading up on which is fitted to the watch you like some are better than others.

Edited by figgy

4 hours ago, Eyefor said:

I'd vote for the Seiko's.

Everyday use then buy the automatic. Wearing it once a week or so then get quartz or kinetic with power reserve.

Bought mine in 1986 with my first self employed income. Been everywhere, had serious levels of salt water, dust, temperature ranges (+48c t0 -26c) and never misses a beat.

"The quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten"?

2 hours ago, figgy said:

I have a few Lorus lumibrights and a some eco drives. Both are very good. The lumibrights are very bright for seeing at night time.

The high end eco drives are among the best watches in the world for timekeeping.

Seiko's are good I've had a couple and broke them along with the Lorus I've had, all daily watches get abused.

The Seiko automatic movements can be good, worth reading up on which is fitted to the watch you like some are better than others.

I have a Seiko SKX007J and its a pretty good timekeeper, one small movement to get it running and it's away. It was about £180.00 from Creatonwatches online 18 months ago. Really solid for the price, loads of reviews online, general consensus is they're great value for money.

WP_20170721_10_31_59_Pro.jpg

Edited by shalfordninja33