Removing resin anchors

Hi all,

I am currently in rented accommodation and as with all tenancies, have to make good of any drilled holes when I leave.

It is a new build house with thermalite blocks used and covered with dot and dab. Looking online the best form of fixings are setting anchor bolts in using resin.

My only concern is that I won't be able to get them out again when I move without damaging the rest of the wall.

Has anyone had any experience with removing resin anchor bolts or have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

My cabinet came with 4 coach screws and rawl plugs, so that’s what I used. The FEO was happy enough with it and should I wish to move it in the future it will come off easily. If the FEO had failed it I intended to put bolts straight through the thermalite and sink the nuts in the plaster.

In order of difficulty

1.Cut them off and leave them in, plaster and paint

2.Apply a blowtorch to the end of the bolt, Epoxy resin fails at about 120 Deg C, then apply lots of pulling force I've seen a crane used and the resin stud had stretched before he got them out.

Edited by Dibble

You can buy Rawl nuts. They're a rubber type of Rawl bolt, they hold fast in thermalite walls and come out easy when your done. The more you pull.on them the more they expand.

Other way is spring toggles and threaded rod. Drill into the cavity and push the rod with toggle into the cavity. Put washer and nut on inside the plaster board to hold it all in place then put cabinet over them and fit nuts and washers inside cabinet. All can be removed bar the toggle that will drop in the cavity 

Edited by figgy

I have not tried this. Mine are never coming out but I have read that one way is--- Use best quality stainless threaded rods. They are smooth not coarse like plain steel.

Before fixing coat the rods with Moly grease, run a nut up and down so every bit of thread gets a smear. Fit as normal. When you want them out, two locked nuts and a good smack on a long spanner and they will unscrew.  I know this system is used to make slop free bearings with epoxy and piano wire!

Edited by DUNKS