walshie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Rupert said:

You dont have to attend, you were offered the option, Your excess  is 18% over the posted limit.Your contempt at the course is inditive of your attitude to the limits in place.

Thanks for that gem Peter Perfect.

After doing my last awareness course i do try to stick to the limits.

Speed limit in much of bristol is 20mph. Try sticking to that. 😞

2 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

3 years ago, i took the 3 points payed £100

You have to declare that then on FAC but not if you do the course. :hmm:

I did one of the first courses held in Lancs. Farmington nearvLeyland.

in those days you actually had to go out and  drive. The other heinous criminal in the car with me ( apart from instructor ) was so nervous she went the wrong way around a roundabout TWICE. All the blood drained from the instructors face

piece of cake when it came to my turn 😂

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

After doing my last awareness course i do try to stick to the limits.

Speed limit in much of bristol is 20mph. Try sticking to that. 😞

You have to declare that then on FAC but not if you do the course. :hmm:

You don't have to declare fixed penalties now. It says so in the notes. 

This is taken from Dyfed-Powys.

13. You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring offences (including speeding offences), bindovers, formal written cautions and convictions in and outside Great Britain, and (by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975) convictions which are spent under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an absolute discharge both count as convictions for this purpose. Details of parking offences and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared.

Strange they should be different eh? :hmm:

Edited to add: It does say that on the Met one too. 

Edited by walshie

I did the course a few mths back.Done on the road out of Gateshead.Dual carrageway fenced off from the public & doing 57 in a 50

I initially  thought i was badly done too.However my opinion changed when i did the course.Very worth while course and an eye opener to what an additional 5mph can make in an accident.Made me realise how complacent I'd become. 

Edited by Davyo

6 minutes ago, walshie said:

This is taken from Dyfed-Powys.

13. You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring offences (including speeding offences), bindovers, formal written cautions and convictions in and outside Great Britain, and (by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975) convictions which are spent under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an absolute discharge both count as convictions for this purpose. Details of parking offences and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared.

Strange they should be different eh? :hmm:

Edited to add: It does say that on the Met one too. 

I think when they are talking of fixed penalty notices, they are talking of things that don't incur points, like stopping in a box junction.

Anything you get points for, I would still put down.

Take the course while your offered it .

You could go and get 6 points tomorrow driving home ,and then you wish you would have saved the 3 today .

Also .there is a lot to learn. 

Take it on the chin and and come out of it with some new knowledge .

Edited by Ultrastu

There were about 30 on my course.The guy was great, he didnt talk down to us or belittle  anyone. What i found more shocking than the course was the 12% that hit the 'i didnt learn anything from the course' button at the end.Wonder if they would of been man/woman enough it hadn't been anonymous.Agree with triumphat59 comment,that even if you take the points the course should be compulsory.

The one I went on there was only three men all the others were mins taking their kids to school. Some of them really had attitude that they were hard done by. But most realised that the course was of interest when finished. I got done on a stretch that had had the limit reduced since I was living there so had an good reason but you have to man up and bite the bullet

It was never a case of taking ti on the chin or manning up. I took the offer of the course but I thought going 5mph or 16% over the limit (not 18% as suggested by our sanctimonious friend) was very low to get a prosecution. 4 hours in a classroom isn't my idea of fun but it's not the end of the world.

Anyway, all done now and I can go back to being squeaky clean like I normally am. :D

I've done 2.

At the start of the second, I just couldn't help myself when the tutor asked us what we wanted from the course ... "a more successful outcome than the first one I did!"

Seriously ... there is valuable stuff in them, and I strongly advise the mindset that you want to learn as much as you can ... it'll go a lot quicker!!