signal cannon verses cannon legal definitions

Went looking yesterday for a signal cannon, you see those small cast ones for sale every so often. They use thunder flashes not black powder.

I dont understand the legal definition of them though.

whats the descriptive definition of a cannon ( as in pirates and big balls of iron and boom)

and a signal cannon, ( small boom and no balls) pirates optional?

From reading the fire arms act, to me if its a certian size its a shotgun or a fire arm, A cannon is a tube with a big hole at one end and a small fuse hole at another, black powder and shot inside it, roughly speaking.

where as a signal cannon is exactly the same, but you dont load it with shot,

i realise that signal cannons are not designed to hold pressure and explode when you load them.

but do you need to proof test a signal cannon and have it on your tickets or are they ticket free?

What is there deffinitions and how do you tell them apart?

i agree with the bit about FAC and SGC i understand that,

but why is it i can buy a signal cannon from ebay, without requiring any form of paper work as its not a cannon and the one you have posted is requiring paper work as its a cannon?

https://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/387199/victorian-signal-cannon/

this is sold now but was done so without the requirement of paper work as its not a cannon

here is where i started and again all sold as not a cannon and not requiring a proof cert or paper work, its expected that will not hold pressure and would shatter and kill you if you tried to fire a cannon ball, but its still to me a cannon even though they are dsigned to use thunder flashes,

does that mean there is no back fuse hole for them?

https://www.castcannons.co.uk/