Fabarm Ellegi semi auto bolt release

Spoon

So I have in my cabinet a Fabarm Ellegi semi auto, a nice 70's (so I believe) gun that works just fine but isn't something I'd be too upset to drop or hit somebody over the head with. An unchoked 24" barrel, so not my first choice for shooting clay, but I've had no problem with it going bang and hitting what I manage to correctly point it at.

The one thing with it I've noticed is that the bolt seems to sit on the bolt release, resulting in having to press the button very hard, or take the bolt back a tiny amount via the handle to then release it like any other semi I've used. This results either in an unsatisfactory hard jab with the thumb, or a two handed action where the job should be done by one. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Ellegi, or guns of the same era, and knew if this is common for the design or possibly a sign of wear and tear (or dirt and gunk) and worth tinkering with on a slow day? Nothing else I've handled has required anything more than a gentle amount of pressure on the release, so I'm unsure if its just my gun, or the guns in general.

For now I just pretend I'm doing an M1 Garand/M14 style pull back and release..  

Two i have experience of a 80s eligi  i had and my sons current Fabarm 3 inch mag looks like an eligi with silver action flanks not seen a name on it.  Both these fabarms  were  typical on bolt release pressure. You could have a latch with a bur on it or just need lubricating on the pivot, is it easy when the bolts out or still stiff. ?

Overall i think they are good guns my eligi was a back up pigeon gun to my B80 i still have , and the eligi was nice to shoot was 26 inch IC choke barrel. Sold it to a friend he had it 15 years sold it when steel came in for an extrema .

My lad loves his fabarm its reliable , i think they are underrated.

11 hours ago, Fen tiger said:

You could have a latch with a bur on it or just need lubricating on the pivot, is it easy when the bolts out or still stiff. ?

Bolt closed or out and its an easy press. Same when you hold the bolt weight when it's locked back. 

Seems as if I must have something awry causing the bolt to rest funny.