Noise complaint

keeper96

2 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Could you install CCTV to monitor your own dogs?    Ask for the time and date at which any alleged nuisance has occurred, and you will have proof of whether the complaint is genuine or not.

I have cctv and the council have investigated each of the 3 complaints and have found no issues with the dogs. 

42 minutes ago, keeper96 said:

I have cctv and the council have investigated each of the 3 complaints and have found no issues with the dogs. 

Surely if there have been 3 false complaints the council should deal with the persons complaining, its not fir you to deal with.. The council need to stamp it out, telling who ever it is to pack it in

8 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Surely if there have been 3 false complaints the council should deal with the persons complaining, its not fir you to deal with.. The council need to stamp it out, telling who ever it is to pack it in

You’d like to think so but I bet there’s another letter in the next couple of months 

You could ask the Local Authority to consider the complainant (assuming all complaints are from the same person and only the LA would know that) as vexatious. The LA could then legitimately ignore further complaints about barking without worrying that the complainant might lodge a complaint that the barking complaint was ignored. 

13 hours ago, keeper96 said:

So to update this the council where in touch again within a month of the original complaint saying that they found no grounds for the complaint to be made. 

However this has now happened 3 times in all. 

I clearly have a disgruntled neighbour but no body is saying anything in person. 

Surely after 3 investigations all coming out in my favour there is something I can do to find the identity of the complainant and take legal action? Surely this must class as harassment? 

3 False complaints in 6 months? 

It happens. You only need to watch these `Neighbour from Hell` TV programs to see how bitter some people get.

It's a shame that is has happended but the complaints have proven to be unfounded. Sadly, the Council can't (and won't) tell you who the complainant is. I do not know if you have any recourse to make a counter cliam for harassment etc. The arguement could be that the complaints are made in good faith. Hopefully, the Council will educate them that there is no complaint uphold. 

This is assuming that it is the same person and not 3 separate complaints?

11 hours ago, McSpredder said:

Could you install CCTV to monitor your own dogs?    Ask for the time and date at which any alleged nuisance has occurred, and you will have proof of whether the complaint is genuine or not.

The OP has filmed his dogs before and as the complaints have not been upheld, there shouldn't be any need for additional proof from CCTV. It is a good idea though, just in case anything escalates.

keeper96 - something you could do is to print of a little letter/note and stick it through all the local letter boxes. Just say that you've had 3 complaints and you find it quite upsetting/distressing (most people who complain assume that they are the `victim` and don't realise the impact that it has on other people). Point out that the complaints have not been upheld and that you are quite willing to talk to anyone about your dogs.

It is highly unlikely that the person responsible will come forward, but it might encourage other people to discuss the situation and possibly discourage futher issues.