RABBIT SHOOTING INVERNESS AREA

1 hour ago, farmer7 said:

Yeah that would be fine. What I don't want is someone turning up to shoot 5 or 6 in an evening twice a year! (I've had a few folk like that). Whilst each rabbit counts I'm looking to really thin them out.

Great offer.. I am very keen to get as many rabbits as possible this year for my business,  [mixy has done for us this year] biggest problem is that Im on Harris, I would need a lot in a short time to pay for ferry and B&B, are you interested in infrequent but intensive visits ?

4 hours ago, farmer7 said:

You'd not forget what a rabbit looked like here!

Plenty of scope for ferreting too!

I don't doubt it, Angus was the last area i saw good numbers of rabbits (2003 ish), but i don't go looking for them these days.

see the odd one or two near me, always makes me smile 😊 

1 minute ago, JDog said:

A friend who has an estate in Angus used to employ a full time rabbit catcher. His ten year average was 24,000 rabbits per year and at that level his employment was virtually self financing.

Driving from Arbroath to the pictures in Dundee my misses would be a nervous wreck waiting for a rabbit or three to commit suicide under the car!!

13 hours ago, islandgun said:

Great offer.. I am very keen to get as many rabbits as possible this year for my business,  [mixy has done for us this year] biggest problem is that Im on Harris, I would need a lot in a short time to pay for ferry and B&B, are you interested in infrequent but intensive visits ?

Yeah that would be fine. How many would you need to make it worthwhile?

42 minutes ago, farmer7 said:

Yeah that would be fine. How many would you need to make it worthwhile?

Brilliant ! regarding numbers the more the merrier,  at the moment im thinking two nights in Inverness which would give me two half days and a full day to fit in with ferries.. I will PM you.. I wonder if Sako 751 and his old fella would fancy a shot ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Wish we had rabbit numbers like that down here in Bristol, would love some to have a go at walked up over my young spaniel 😞 

There used to be many 100's on some of my permissions in the 1980's/90's. Sadly, numbers are now at an all time low.