Sticky Recoil Pad

Wingman

I have a kick-eez pad on my Perazzi and have found that its getting really sticky and sometime drags on my clothes when mounting.  I have lost a bit of weight recently so have thought about taking it off and trying one of those beartooth slip on things with the foam inserts to fiddle with the LOP to see if that is the issue, but have also read about a product called "SlickEez". Apparently this miracle product makes a sticky pad as smooth as a babys bottom allowing it to glide into a perfect mount position with minimal snagging (I made the description, it might be utter rubbish). Only problem is I cant seem to find it stocked in any UK retailers.

Anyone able to tell me if its worth a go and available in the UK?

Cheers

Buy a tin of this work it in it will soften the surface of rubber and acrylics they are less tacky and slip rather than grab on clothes, restores hard old rubber recoil pads too closes perishing cracks .

Link added.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-gram-CASTROL-RED-RUBBER-GREASE-BRAKE-CYLINDERS-SEALS-O-RINGS-mini-tin/172481763013?epid=1856194140&hash=item2828b6d6c5:g:JQkAAOSwKtlWq9-q

Edited by Fen tiger

1 hour ago, Fen tiger said:

Buy a tin of this work it in it will soften the surface of rubber and acrylics they are less tacky and slip rather than grab on clothes, restores hard old rubber recoil pads too closes perishing cracks .

Now your being all mysterious! Can you share what this magic solution in a tin is please!

You can't buy slickeeze anymore I tried, something to do with the chemicals in it.

If you change pads you will find your gun balance alters the kickeeze pads are heavy.

Silicone polish and buffed up. is what I ended up using. It stops it sticking for a few rounds of clays before needing more.

Many years ago Phil at Essex Shooting school wrapped the pad on my gun with black insulating tape. He take a while to do it but when he had finished it never caught again. He did 3 or 4 vertical strips on the face of it which were neatly trimmed around the join with the wood and then put a couple of wraps of the side of the pad to neaten this all up. it lasted for years and it never grabbed again.

A thin coat of epoxy resin works well though (thinner coat the better).

this was a reply from brierley guns .they say slick- eez in no longer available they recommend this 

Edited by Guest

Thanks guys for all your advice.

Have now removed the pad and stuck on a spare beartooth slip on jobby I had in my spares box for now.  I think I would like to get it replaced, might look around for a Pachmayr one which I have on my Beretta. Been on for years and is smooth and not sticky.  Or maybe even a proper Perazzi one if I can find on that isnt silly money!

Edited by Wingman