Beans on new perm

dad

.The new perm has been has quite kind to us lately shooting the rape twice a week trying to impress, no big bags 25 to 35 but consistent untill the line changes then its over, the farm manager asked us to keep an eye on the spring beans they should be poking there heads thru by the weekend he said (I haver never shot anything on emerging beans before) we had a look saturday and there were crows and about 15pigeons over 3 fields of beans so I set up on the rape again and shot 35. during the morning the manager turned up and had a word,i told him nothing on the beans but he said he was going to have a couple of hours any way,so off he went, I had hundreds fly over me but couldnt draw them in, I could hear the manager having a pop or two but not much he packed up after two hours as he came past he said there was a few on it but he wasnt on the line and said to keep an eye on them I said tuesday we would be back.we arrived 10.15 Tuesday  and about 20 lifted of first field we came to and nothing in the air that was the longest field we drove down the ajoining 3 fields with nothing on till the last field with some trees around and about 200 lifted out from eating buds and flew back to the village still nothing in the air over beans, we watched till 10.45 and nothing so went back to look at rape again and for the first time since we have been going there was nothing in the usual places. Dilemma what to do now, this perm is 15 miles in the opposite direction from the rest of our perms  and they are 15 miles from our starting point, so we go home at 15m or carry on for 30miles so I said to my mate lets go and watch those beans again those birds in the trees may have had an early feed on the beans and just resting up, 15 mins later we got back to the beans 11.15 and there was about 1500 down and feeding a hasty set up and shooting by 12.15 in a poor hide, only 1 small elderberry bush but thanks to the camo umbrella I made do and shot 85 they came steadily untill 4pm when I packed up I left via the rape and they were all on that.