what happened

ant1

6 hours ago, Dougy said:

Your local RFD will very likely give you a refund for your rifle, they would then make a claim against the bullet manufacturer.

When you get a refund put a 1-4-1 application in for a 17 hornet or something similar. And dont look back at the HMR again. 

the gunsmith/rfd that i took my rifle to is sorting it, i dont know if i will get a new rifle or refund or maybe nothing  and i will have to pay for the repairs he is going to try and get me a new rifle. i dont know if i will change from a hmr it has been a good rifle with no problems before this.

9 minutes ago, ant1 said:

the gunsmith/rfd that i took my rifle to is sorting it, i dont know if i will get a new rifle or refund or maybe nothing  and i will have to pay for the repairs he is going to try and get me a new rifle. i dont know if i will change from a hmr it has been a good rifle with no problems before this.

I think it is safe to say, that the chances of it happening again and you loading another round and pulling the trigger is none.