Windscreen Chips Repaired ??

marsh man

Evening all ..... In all the time I have been driving I have never had a chip repaired on my windscreens , well two days ago I had one repaired by Optic-Kleer , left my motor with him for 40 minutes and to begin with it looked o k apart from seeing two small what looked like tiny bits of rubber , this I could live with then last night when we went out it looked as if it hadn't been done in the first place as you could still see the chip mark.

Well this morning when I went to get my paper the chap who done it was then setting up his tent to start his day , I dropped in and told him It still looked as if he hadn't done it in the first place , he couldn't make out what went wrong and done it again , now , although a lot better you can easily see where it had been done .

So have YOU had a windscreen chip repaired and how good was it, and how good do you expect it to be ??

THANKS for your time.

23 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

A few years ago I had a small chip/crack in the windscreen repaired...... it was almost invisible!

To tell you truth that was what I was expecting , not totally invisible but would have a job to notice it , even after the second time it was done I could still clearly see where he tried to repair it.

Like B725 I was fully comp and didn't have to pay but with never having one done before I didn't know what to expect when the job was completed ,      THANKS

Of all the chips I've ever had I've only ever had one filled. That was in the wife's car that she'd not had long and typically I was driving it when said chip occurred. 

We had it done by a professional but the chip turned into a crack and the chip was still visible too. 

Hence I've only ever bothered getting the one done.