Subaru advert

Smokersmith

15 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

If that was my son it would be a life changing experience for him.  

+1 manners would be taught and not forgotten life is not about designer labels on clothes /shoes / cars many people are cash rich and drive a £500.00 car a few  of my customers are  worth many millions drives a car worth a grand  or two      and yet I have worked for the latest  jag  merk range rover Bentley  junkies  yet have no milk in the fridge for a coffee while measuring up everything is on finance all about appearance        my experience  phone about the 20k+  kitchen on finance and being told to walk away / run and keep running 

4 hours ago, Saltings said:

+1 manners would be taught and not forgotten life is not about designer labels on clothes /shoes / cars many people are cash rich and drive a £500.00 car a few  of my customers are  worth many millions drives a car worth a grand  or two      and yet I have worked for the latest  jag  merk range rover Bentley  junkies  yet have no milk in the fridge for a coffee while measuring up everything is on finance all about appearance        my experience  phone about the 20k+  kitchen on finance and being told to walk away / run and keep running 

My wife and I dropped out of the rat race for a while.  I made very good money but we gave up our possessions and lived in a camper for a while.  Everyone looked down on us but we didn’t care.  People would bring us baby cloths for our son I was like listen,  I make 100k a year.  I really don’t need these.  Everyone thought we were dirt poor and they just couldn’t understand that we didn’t want a lot of stuff.  Finally I got tired of it and we bought our house with almost no mortgage.  Living in that camper for a year thought us so much about finances that we will never be in debt again.   If you have to finance it the. You can’t afford it.  This has thought us respect for everything that we have. 

160FEE9D-12C1-4BF3-8EBD-5BB1ECAB640A.png

6 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

My wife and I dropped out of the rat race for a while.  I made very good money but we gave up our possessions and lived in a camper for a while.  Everyone looked down on us but we didn’t care.  People would bring us baby cloths for our son I was like listen,  I make 100k a year.  I really don’t need these.  Everyone thought we were dirt poor and they just couldn’t understand that we didn’t want a lot of stuff.  Finally I got tired of it and we bought our house with almost no mortgage.  Living in that camper for a year thought us so much about finances that we will never be in debt again.   If you have to finance it the. You can’t afford it.  This has thought us respect for everything that we have. 

160FEE9D-12C1-4BF3-8EBD-5BB1ECAB640A.png

Yes, I agree mate. I'm lucky, I have a few things that many others will never have, but one stands out most. Enough. I have enough. I want for nothing bar peace and space. I have worked on flash cars, for flash people in flash houses and it means little to me. 

And yes, manners cost you nothing and you can't wear them out.