Shooting trousers for long legs.

Agriv8

Evening all,

Mrs has been asking about what I would like for my upcoming birthday as option one got Me tretened with divorce, option 2 ‘That look’ I went for safe for option 3 And said some shooting / walking / beating trousers. 

I plan to visit shooting show so can try on but was thinking about narrowing the feild a bit.

requirements are :-

warm, hard wearing, wind proof, cargo style trousers. 

oh and the problem 35’ or 36, inside leg. Waist 36  -38 depending on pie / pints consumed

Budget about £100.

Let me know if you know of brands that fit the bill and that have served you well.

ps hope this is in correct section apologies if not.

Kind regards and thanks Agriv8

Pps hope to be at Oakridge staff’s sat morning can anyone confirm it’s on ?

I wear Site King khaki cargoes all the time. I've got three pairs. Been wearing them today at bisley . They tick most of your boxes for about £15 a pair. Very strong and thick material, pretty much thornproof. Pockets don't wear out etc They do a 36" inside leg, black and blue colours are not as robust material

Edited by Vince Green

Was in Decathalon recently lookng at waterproof trousers and there were several hunting style types to choose from ..... but all were finished at long 34-36 and altering them with the zips and lining would be a pain for those with short legs.  Might be worth a look.?

Wow thanks guys. We are in Shifnal for today tomorrow  so plan to nip to decathlon on top retail park Telford.

i think I will have s pair of the moleskin as well. I did show Mrs Agriv8 the Harlika at £300 I don’t think the forum filters would allow me to type the response.

Thanks Agriv8

• 2 months later...

Just an update if anyone gets to this thread by searching. I got to Tactree in Telford on Friday they have 5.11 uk / eu distribution rights. Down visiting the mother in laws! 

They  have a small shop you need to be buzzed in to but found the style of trouser I was after but not long enough but a couple of taps on the keyboard by the shop assistant indicated several pairs were in the warehouse next door and brought through for me to try on. So I walked away with a pair of stryke trousers 36w 36leg very comfy and pockets galore and stretch rip stop cotton teflon these have a hidden stretch waist . They also have knee pockets for pads. Not had them on in anger yet but very happy with my purchase so thanks spur 14. In store prices were a little cheaper than online ( free *cough* delivery).Mrs was even impressed when I got backI intend to go back for some more after a bit of a test drive . ( the expensive ones for my birthday!!) 

so thanks for all your help

Atb Agriv8