W.R Pape Boxlock 12 gauge

W.R Pape Boxlock

£300

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Excellent Condition Leeds, West Yorkshire
Side by Side, -, -, 30" barrels
03d013de-9aa4-469f-8a54-d41c05c70adf F1fbd817-af9e-4e63-8cc6-fb254d2fca34 108fce68-fd95-4113-abae-62f09271d84a

Description

W.R. Pape Of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne Double Barrelled, Side By Side, 12 Bore, Boxlock Ejector, Hammerless Shotgun By 12 Bore/gauge. W.R. Pape Newcastle-Upon-Tyne Winners Of The London Gun Trials 1858, 1859, 1866, & 1873". It has a brass bead fore sight. The walnut stock is in great condition and has chequered wrist and fore stock. It has a ribbed horn butt plate and double triggers. The weapon's metal work is in nice undamaged condition with even patina throughout. It breaks and dry fires. It has an safety catch positioned behind the top lever. A nice piece and ideal for display or decoration. Price includes UK delivery and the deactivation certificate.

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member Rob79. Message them here

View the full article

Whilst most Pape guns were of excellent quality, it seems a lot to pay for what is effectively a wall hanger, a fairly plain one at that by Pape standards.

Best of luck with the sale anyway.

OB

Hi  deacts do not do anything for me, however I believe that it is fairly priced. I recently enquired about deacting a gun for my brother in law £250 minimum, since the change in law, many gunsmiths won’t do it as I was told it has become a real pain and the cost has increased, so carry on and best of luck