S400 to HW100

Ttfjlc

Evening all, I was speaking to my RFD yesterday as I was looking to get a smaller pcp for my youngest to shoot, he didn't have anything but said he had a HW100 in case I was looking for another gun. I was just wondering if anybody has made the swap from an S400 (which I currently own) to a HW100 and regretted it? I appreciate anybody's thoughts 

5 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Wouldn't think so unless you don't like the weight of the hw100 or the side lever cocking. I would love a hw100 havi g shot several but I can't justify paying the amount of money they cost 

I've never used one myself so wouldn't know about the weight, although not in the same league but my mate has bought a kral and I quite liked the side lever on that 

7 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Hw100 is a pretty heavy gun even the karbine .

I wouldnt have thought it suitable for a youngster .

Better with an airarms s200/  bsa ultra 

That's what I initially enquired about UltraStu but he didn't have any of either, he mentioned the HW100 as another gun for myself. :good:

Edited by Ttfjlc

23 hours ago, dessyb said:

stick with aa.forget hw. if you fancy s/lever go s510.

I'm interested in why you say that? Did you have a faulty hw100?

23 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

I’ve got a hw100 and love it , never really noticed the weight but yes there are lighter pcp,s , I like the side lever so easy to cock even prone and you don’t lose the sight picture if taking a follow up shot , most accurate air rifle I’ve ever had , five year old now used regularly and no issues at all 

Thanks, I'll more than likely ask to have a go with it first as my s400 is an accurate gun and want to see if I could get on with the HW100.

23 hours ago, The Burpster said:

I have had an S410 now have an S510 carbine, if I’m honest it’s a lump alongside my 100SK although I have an A&M cylinder on the K which makes it completely different. 

If I could only keep one of my air rifles it would be that karbine. 😍

I've heard about these A&M cylinders, do they really transform the handling that much?

1 minute ago, Ttfjlc said:

I've heard about these A&M cylinders, do they really transform the handling that much?

Yes they do... absolutely! If you wish to PM me maybe we can meet up and you can see for yourself. I see you are south Lincs ? Can’t be that far away! 😉